$25.00
      MP2:
      $13.87
      MP3:
      $26.55
      CO:
      $12.93

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.75, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.6) 9, 4, 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.6) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($3.6) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.6.

he is unknown.
      I thought his CB means pocket pairs or air .
      I bluffed on the river and tried to rep Kx or J and hoped to make PPs fold.
      was my play okey?
  • 4 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hey,

vs unknown I'd just go for c/r otf (smallish getting good prize). Floating is great, but you know nothing about him + OOP => guessing game. You let him realize eq etc.
      Just go for the simplest play imho, which is even more +ev in spot like this because you won't be able to adjust your game at all..

Just for instance - I'd love to call against barreling type of player because my A/Q is barreled by his whole bluffing range + you dominate all his hit pairs, which just pays off so much..
      Ofc if you miss ott and you know he's barreling a lot then it's better to plan just calling flop and c/r the turn(river) for getting more value from dead money, however, as I said you have no info so we can't make assumptions like that :-)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

I think your play is fine, although your hand will often be the best.. You can make him fold 9x and some smaller pairs here which is why I think your hand is quite often the best vs a hand like T8, 76, etc.

You have 2 overs that he'd rep, backdoor flush and showdown value, I think floating OOP is fine. I agree with KillerFishes about possibly check/raising the turn although you don't represent a big value range, you will only be attacking the weak part of your opponent's range.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey,

I think your play is fine, although your hand will often be the best.. You can make him fold 9x and some smaller pairs here which is why I think your hand is quite often the best vs a hand like T8, 76, etc.

You have 2 overs that he'd rep, backdoor flush and showdown value, I think floating OOP is fine. I agree with KillerFishes about possibly check/raising the turn although you don't represent a big value range, you will only be attacking the weak part of your opponent's range.

thank you,and one more question, is there any stats on HM that I can know how much % opponent is floating on the turn?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Uhm, fold to cbet and raise vs cbet.. if he doesn't fold and doesn't raise, he calls.. There should be a call cbet stat, but I never used it, I just made deductions from the others.