This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AQ river bluff

• daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

ハンドをプレーする

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $21.32
      SB:
      $25.00
      BB (Hero):
      $25.00
      MP2:
      $13.87
      MP3:
      $26.55
      CO:
      $12.93

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, A.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.75, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.6) 9, 4, 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

Turn: ($3.6) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($3.6) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.6.

he is unknown.
      I thought his CB means pocket pairs or air .
      I bluffed on the river and tried to rep Kx or J and hoped to make PPs fold.
      was my play okey?
  • 4 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Hey,

vs unknown I'd just go for c/r otf (smallish getting good prize). Floating is great, but you know nothing about him + OOP => guessing game. You let him realize eq etc.
      Just go for the simplest play imho, which is even more +ev in spot like this because you won't be able to adjust your game at all..

Just for instance - I'd love to call against barreling type of player because my A/Q is barreled by his whole bluffing range + you dominate all his hit pairs, which just pays off so much..
      Ofc if you miss ott and you know he's barreling a lot then it's better to plan just calling flop and c/r the turn(river) for getting more value from dead money, however, as I said you have no info so we can't make assumptions like that :-)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

I think your play is fine, although your hand will often be the best.. You can make him fold 9x and some smaller pairs here which is why I think your hand is quite often the best vs a hand like T8, 76, etc.

You have 2 overs that he'd rep, backdoor flush and showdown value, I think floating OOP is fine. I agree with KillerFishes about possibly check/raising the turn although you don't represent a big value range, you will only be attacking the weak part of your opponent's range.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey,

I think your play is fine, although your hand will often be the best.. You can make him fold 9x and some smaller pairs here which is why I think your hand is quite often the best vs a hand like T8, 76, etc.

You have 2 overs that he'd rep, backdoor flush and showdown value, I think floating OOP is fine. I agree with KillerFishes about possibly check/raising the turn although you don't represent a big value range, you will only be attacking the weak part of your opponent's range.

thank you,and one more question, is there any stats on HM that I can know how much % opponent is floating on the turn?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Uhm, fold to cbet and raise vs cbet.. if he doesn't fold and doesn't raise, he calls.. There should be a call cbet stat, but I never used it, I just made deductions from the others.