[NL20-NL50] NL25SH: ai bluf

• Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      Hero:
      $34,57
      SB:
      $35,24
      BU:
      $37,57
      MP3:
      $25
      BB:
      $19,62

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8:spade: , 8:heart:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1,00, BU folds, SB raises to $3,00, BB folds, Hero calls $2,00.

Flop: ($6,25) 3:diamond: , K:diamond: , A:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $2,75, Hero raises to $8,00, SB calls $5,25.

Turn: ($22,25) 5:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($22,25) 6:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $23,57 (All-In), SB folds.

Final Pot: $45,82

Villain can't fold against 3b, and bets 1/3 on flop a lot in 3bet pot. I folded some hands, but he seemed weak, and i wanted to find out. His turncheck is again weak. Crazy? Result oriented? Good reads?

This is far from my std repertoire, but this seemed to be the spot to hit the trigger.
  • 2 replies
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I'd have called you with any ace here as this looks a lot like a "hello, I missed my flush draw"-shove.
      It was succesful this time, but I still hope this is far from your standard repertoire indeed :)

What scare card are you using to bluff ?
      Where did you represent strength ? On the flop, right, but on the turn you checkbehind while the board is still drawy so your strong image is gone, even to a NL25 player.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Hi Philip,
      The call preflop is fine since you're a little deep, but the flop is a clear fold. Most of his range here is Ax, with the occasional QQ-TT that will fold, but that's it. And once he called your raise, he obviously has something, and that something will mostly be a good ace. So as played, check behind the river. Your move may have worked this time, but 90% of the time you'll find yourself seeing the pot being shipped to him ;)

Regards,
      Craig