Hero ($2)
      UTG+1 ($1.09)
      UTG+2 ($0.91)
      MP1 ($0.11)
      MP2 ($3.36)
      CO ($2.16)
      BTN ($2.57)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: Q:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.08, UTG+1 calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.06

FLOP ($0.25) A:spade: K:heart: 6:spade:

BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, UTG+1 folds, BB calls $0.20

TURN ($0.85) A:spade: K:heart: 6:spade: 6:club:

BB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

RIVER ($1.25) A:spade: K:heart: 6:spade: 6:club: 2:diamond:

BB bets $1.40 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $1.19

Villain sat at the table few hands ago so hes unknown

I raise on the flop for value because I think he could be doing this with his draws and weaker aces...I also put him on some 6x hand, just had a feeling

on the turn I would fold to any bigger bet but I call because his bet is on smaller side...if there was any bigger bet Id put him on 6x for sure

After he shoves on blank river I dont think he would do this with drawy hands...I think he probably had some K6 from the start and now just wants to get value in so I fold...

Do you think I should have called on the flop and see whats up on the turn? And if he bets on smaller side on that turn card what do you think he could be doing with here?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I agree with your flop raise and you should decide how big of a pot you want to play on the flop.

Folding because you had a feeling that villain has 6x is not really classified as hand reading :)

His line also looks like a draw that wants to see a cheap river and then bluffing because he missed so I would actually not fold (as you played it). You need roughly 33% pot odds there.

However, I would just raise the flop bigger and raise the turn (going with the hand).