[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 KQo 28-01-13 (speed)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $4.51 (90.2 bb)
      UTG: $9.24 (184.8 bb)
      MP: $5 (100 bb)
      CO: $5.93 (118.6 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $6.03 (120.6 bb)
      SB: $4.45 (89 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K Q
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, SB raises to $0.33, BB calls $0.28, Hero calls $0.21

Flop: ($0.99) 4 Q 8 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.80, 2 folds

Hi is my line ok, I'm calling du to odds, when BB called, my position is good here, as I'm last to act in a multiway?
      Would a squeeze have been better?

Flop:
      When the flop came they both checked, decided to protect against draws, and made it a big bigger as they both seemed a bit looser than normal but to few hands to tell.
  • 5 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Resilence,

Originally posted by Resilence
      Hi is my line ok, I'm calling du to odds, when BB called, my position is good here, as I'm last to act in a multiway?
      Would a squeeze have been better?
      It's not just your direct odds that matter in this spot. It's important to think about reverse implied odds you may have from playing KQ vs BBs cold-call 3bet range. It would be useful to have stats on either player, but vs unknowns I'd probably just fold preflop.

Flop:
      When the flop came they both checked, decided to protect against draws, and made it a big bigger as they both seemed a bit looser than normal but to few hands to tell.
      I'd definitely bet here too. I'd probably make it like $0.55. SB cold-calling range is set up in such a way that this is almost a WA/WB situation. It's good for you if you can induce light calls from stuff like TT or AK.

I wouldn't be overly worried about protecting vs draws in this spot as extracting value from worse made hands.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      I was about to fold as BB called, And yeah they are unknown, so a fold would prolly be best I agree, was just thinking it might not be bad, and thinknig BB would do it with many pps, nad yes I don't have reads so should just fold.

My bet on flop, maybe your right, I shouldn't protect to much against FD's, and yes I'm pushing out lower hands from the looser guysm which I assume they where, I generated to much FE...
      Maybe it's also a tilt issue about not wanting to play marginal hand after the flop, it's an easy decision if i'm raised after my big bet, and I'll win most pots right here on the flop, but wont get as much value from weaker hands.

Good for red line but bad for value :P
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      thinknig BB would do it with many pps,
      Yeah, that's also part of the problem too. You are only going to get action when villain hits a set or maybe sometimes hits a better pair with his AQ. You are a slight underdog vs PP's too of course. Given your equity and direct pot odds there is theoretically nothing wrong with a call. But postflop your hand may not play so great and you suffer from some reverse implieds.

it's an easy decision if i'm raised after my big bet, and I'll win most pots right here on the flop, but wont get as much value from weaker hands.
      I get what you are saying. Although, so long as you don't bet super small on the flop it's likely villain[s] will raise with exactly the same range, so you lose less. Plus you get called a little wider.

Theoretically by betting really big and folding everyone out of the hand you are lowering your variance. You are also losing EV though. In some cases it is ok to sacrifice a small amount of EV to save variance. I don't think this is one of those situations - I would bet small and just accept any suckouts that come as a result of villains' potential wider calling range.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Hi, w34z3l

I really want to tell you how much I appreciate your explanations, you seem to go in to every question with alot of passion, even tho us noobs at these stakes are completely retarded in the eyes of you the coaches :)

I really appreciate the time and effort you have put into every answer, pointing out mistakes I do, you do it well ;)

I really get the feeling that your not just skimming true the hand, but also are judgeing the things we post (thought processes)
      I know all the coaces are different, do it in different ways, but this is the thing that helps me the most I think, so hopefully you will keep evaluating my mistakes so that I can improve. GJ keep it up :f_biggrin:

Thought I should make it puplic as it's always nice to have some feedback where others can see it.
      Once again thanks for your time ;)

Regards Mikkel
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey,

Thanks a lot for the kind words Resilence. I'm glad you find it helpful. :)