$56.28
      MP2:
      $38.22
      MP3:
      $28.30
      CO (Hero):
      $24.75

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, Q.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.85) 6, T, 9 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $1.25, Hero raises to $3.30, MP3 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.1.
      19 hands  vpip5 pfr5

I usually like to call in position but how about raising and go broke?
      I put his range on high card + gutshot ,flush draw
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi,

You can raise or call, neither is bad. If you call you assume he doesn't barrel too much or barrels a lot on flush cards so you get implied odds.

If you raise you assume he folds often and/or spews weaker draws a small percentage of the time, maybe can fold a decent overpair like JJ or QQ.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hi,

You can raise or call, neither is bad. If you call you assume he doesn't barrel too much or barrels a lot on flush cards so you get implied odds.

If you raise you assume he folds often and/or spews weaker draws a small percentage of the time, maybe can fold a decent overpair like JJ or QQ.

thank you,if I raise,I have to go broke,right?
      how often do you raise or call here?
      I think against unknown,call is better,and if against a player whose CB % is high,raise is better ,and against a player who bets only strong hands,call is better?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Yeah,

Your thoughts make sense.. If you can bluff him off a bunch of hands raising looks good.. if you can't, calling and playing position is better. If he has a wide value range we can get some value later or bluff him out of a bigger pot when his hand becomes too weak to put in more money and against someone that cbets tight and quite nutted we have implied odds because of their hand strength.