This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 - AJo - SB vs BU - flop broke?! - [01.28]

• DavidDorky
      DavidDorky
      Bronze
      $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($7.23) 145bb
      CO ($3.63) 73bb
      BTN ($4.06) 81bb
      DavidDorky (SB) ($12.50) 250bb
      BB ($11.61) 232bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.07, 5 players) DavidDorky is SB J:diamond: A:heart:
      2 folds, BTN calls $0.05, DavidDorky raises to $0.25, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.20

Flop: A:diamond: 3:heart: K:heart: ($0.55, 2 players)
      DavidDorky bets $0.40, BTN raises to $1.75, DavidDorky raises to $3.10, BTN goes all-in $3.81, DavidDorky calls $0.71
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Villain: unknown (8 hands), 1-tabler recreational player.

Easy flop broke or not?

And why?

Ty for the answers! :)
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

With around 60bb or less this is a pretty easy broke spot here.
      With 80-100bb it gets tougher. Let's analyze a few things here

1) Board: It's really hard for him to rep much. Assuming he raises AK/AQ/AA/KK preflop, I think we can consider AJ good here. Also, we have Ace of heart, which blocks off AhXh type of hands which are flipping against us.

2) Opponent: We only know he's a limper. This basically makes him likelier to be passive. I'm also not sure how often he slowplays (underplays) his strong hands like AK/AA. Given that he did not limp/reraise, it's safe to assume he doesnt have AA/KK/AK about 90% of the time. Maybe he may have AQ?

He only reps 33/A3 here IMO, and if he does it with draws (large sizing may mean that he's likelier to be on a draw perhaps?) and some worse AX then it's an easy all-in here.

Considering all things, I think point 1 outweighs point 2, so I prefer going all-in.

Thanks.
    • DavidDorky
      DavidDorky
      Bronze
      Really nice and clear analisys!

Thank you very much! :)