BB: $17.25 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 9, AF: 2.2, Hands: 966
      UTG: $18.70 - VPIP: 35, PFR: 5, 3B: 4, AF: 2.9, Hands: 149
      Hero (MP): $76.10 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 21, 3B: 11, AF: 5.0, Hands: 138920
      CO: $50.00 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 15, 3B: 7, AF: 3.9, Hands: 1313
      BTN: $91.15 - VPIP: 33, PFR: 17, 3B: 0, AF: 2.0, Hands: 78
      SB: $56.35 - VPIP: 34, PFR: 25, 3B: 11, AF: 1.4, Hands: 185

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP with XX
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, 3 folds

Flop: ($3.75) 3 :heart: 5 :club: T :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.75) K :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.50, CO raises to $14, Hero ?

Villain:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Want to know your read on his stats.
      Seems very dishonest. IMO his strategy is to
      aggressive floating on the turn. Or just floating.

His value range there is so narrow.
      I also expect him to know, that I kbow that it is a good scarecard.
      So, he might just pull a bluff there since my rage is pretty wide there.

Afterwards was think if I should have JAMed there - Turn bet/3bet or not.

In future I'm calling my AK there I guess and also sets, If I choose not to x/c Turn with them as Villain is floating.

His range is as best sets and that's it. Also super weird line for that.
      Maybe he preotect from backdoor FD, which is def in my range there.

If he would do that all the time (which he might since I'm 2 barreling quite a bit), then bet/calling QQ-JJ might even be great.

Right?

Thanks!
  • 5 replies
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      He's a nit.
      I think his preflop calling range is pretty much only pocket pairs, maybe something like AQ.

On the flop he has no reason to raise his sets. On the turn he does. ez fold with anything but mid set or higher imo.
    • Anger86
      Anger86
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jules97
      He's a nit.
      I think his preflop calling range is pretty much only pocket pairs, maybe something like AQ.

On the flop he has no reason to raise his sets. On the turn he does. ez fold with anything but mid set or higher imo.
      Ouch, he really is. :)

I'm overthinking stuff. I'm maybe looking at small sample size like fold to flop cbet and turn cbet = LOW.

He might actually be LVL 1 thinking player. Maybe I'm just getting paranoid.
    • Anger86
      Anger86
      Bronze
      I just had 3 or 4 spots where I 2bar him to fold out mid PP's and stuff,
      but always seemed likely to play back. I'll find out that I guees in a near future.
      I'm just curious, if that could be a good exploitative play vs me,
      If I'd 2-barrel @ 55%.

EDIT: Probably not worth even to get too deep in this spot. Happens so rare
      and is mostly nut heavy anyway.
    • jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      I think if someone were trying to exploit you barreling light, it would be better to find the right boards to call it down, rather than raise the turn.

Raising would isolate against your stronger hands, calling it down would keep your crap in there and you might even barrel a third time with air.

Unless you are folding a heck of a lot to raises, then raising your overplayed range seems nice.

But I think you'd have to find a pretty determined and solid player to play back at you like this at nl50. I think this would be one of the slower places where the regs would adapt. Half the bad regs and fish would have no need to adapt. They already call everything light! :f_cool:
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

My player description based on his stats would be this:

He is tighter than average preflop and is not very positionally aware. He often comes into the pot with a 3bet or raise so when he just calls it's usually pocket pairs or some high broadways if the opponent that's opening is wide. He is very straight forward postflop, betting a lot with initiative, probably with little regard to his ranges which is why he also wins a lot before showdown. His response to aggression is very honest: folds often to 3bets although he is tight preflop, he folds vs raises when he cbets and he folds to cbets as much as the average regulars. His way of thinking seems to revolve initiative and not on range construction. I would exploit him by not giving up against his aggression when he has initiative because he bets too wide and weak of a range. Depending on playability on later streets of my hand I would raise now or flat to bluff later. Overall he is very weak and unbalanced, very air heavy when he checks and also when he bets postflop, just has a tight preflop range.

@Hand: his range is like KT and sets there only, it's a fold. He folds vs aggression with air, he is dishonest when he has initiative, not against agression. :)