UTG ($1.82)
      Hero ($3.85)
      UTG+2 ($0.36)
      MP1 ($0.57)
      MP2 ($0.85)
      CO ($0.77)
      BTN ($1.13)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: A:club:

UTG calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, UTG+2 calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.09, fold, UTG calls $0.08

FLOP ($0.52) A:spade: J:club: 6:diamond:

SB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $0.38, UTG+2 folds, BTN folds, SB calls $0.38, UTG folds

TURN ($1.28) A:spade: J:club: 6:diamond: 5:spade:

SB bets $0.62, Hero calls $0.62

RIVER ($2.52) A:spade: J:club: 6:diamond: 5:spade: 3:spade:

SB bets $0.90 (AI), Hero folds

SB wins $2.40

Everyone except SB is on a very loose passive side
      SB stats 11/8 AF 3.2 over 840 hands
      his fold to cbet is 83(6 opps)

On flop I raise it big for value

On the turn I really dont know what would he have here to lead me in for 1/2 pot bet...could be a set he hit, but if I bet so big 5way wouldnt it be more logical for him to think that I will probably bet again?

I knew if I called here Im gonna go for stacks on the river...I was puzzled what to do to be honest...Him being so tight...it just stank of set...

River card just adds up the possible flush...though I think it doesnt matter...he shoves and I fold

Looking at it now..only hand that he might maybe go this strong with and to have called preflop that I can atleast be close to is another AJ, in which case we would split...I dont think he would have any Axs hand here that might hit 2 pairs also...small chances and if he did I think he would just call my bets down to the end probably...
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Flop bet looks fine for pure value however on the turn we should decide if we are playing for stacks or not.

Why do you think he cannot have a hand like A6 or A5 here? Hecalled in SB after 2 other callers so the odds he gets are pretty good. So I would see one combo of A6 and two of A5.

Since the number of sets are so limited (4) he only needs to have 2 combos of anything else to break even here.

So I think that as soon as you call turn you have to call river.

If he is indeed that huge of a nit and we expect only sets we can just fold the turn.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      yeah...I still have to work on these situations where I have to decide will I go to the end or just cut myself out of it while I still havent put much in the pot...my gut told me on that turn that he is very likely on a set but I called anyway...usually when I see these tight players go agressive like that I get burned in the end...if it was any looser player I think I wouldnt have problem shoving it right there on the turn lead

thanks for help
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      yeah...I still have to work on these situations where I have to decide will I go to the end or just cut myself out of it while I still havent put much in the pot...my gut told me on that turn that he is very likely on a set but I called anyway...usually when I see these tight players go agressive like that I get burned in the end...if it was any looser player I think I wouldnt have problem shoving it right there on the turn lead

thanks for help
      You are welcome.

Sometimes we call in these spots because we just don't want to believe the opponent and think our hand is too strong to fold so we become stubborn.

Or we are just hoping that they check to us on the river.