NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($2.56)
      BB ($0.60)
      UTG ($1.94)
      UTG+1 ($2.85)
      CO ($0.57)
      BTN ($1.61)

Dealt to Hero T:heart: A:heart:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, fold, BTN calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, fold

FLOP ($0.28) A:club: 5:spade: 5:club:

Hero bets $0.20, UTG+1 calls $0.20

TURN ($0.68) A:club: 5:spade: 5:club: 9:spade:

Hero bets $0.50, UTG+1 raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

RIVER ($2.68) A:club: 5:spade: 5:club: 9:spade: 8:spade:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16

UTG+1 shows 7:club: A:diamond: (Pre 28%, Flop 38.2%, Turn 23.9%)Hero shows T:heart: A:heart: (Pre 72%, Flop 61.8%, Turn 76.1%)Hero wins $2.85

Got couple of hands on the villain...but during play, he was very loose passive with AF 4.3

I raise preflop for value vs limping range of both players (BU is also on very loose side)

I bet the flop for value, I beat most of his hands here and he is very likely to call me with weaker aces...I bet again for value on the turn, I wasnt afraid that much of his raise...I think I still had good showdown value vs his hand

The river card completes flush and I would probably fold if he shoved here...his bet was very small so I took my hand to showdown...Im wondering should I have raised that river for more value or is calling here for cheap showdown ok?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey HrabriLavek,

Preflop is fine - personally I might keep the pot a little smaller but there is nothing wrong with your play.

Given the flop texture there is no need to bet too big on flop/turn seeing as there aren't many hands villain can have and you want to keep his calling range wide.

Vs turn raise I'd probably fold. He is unlikely to be bluffing with this size and it's pretty unlikely he's raising worse. He had a worse Ace in this instance but I wouldn't expect players to be raising this hand generally.

On the river I'd just flat. I don't think there is any value in a raise, villain will have a better hand too often.