[NL2-NL10] FF NL10-6Max AKo in MP.

• BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Party, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $19.86 (198.6 bb)
      Hero (MP): $10.86 (108.6 bb)
      BB: $10 (100 bb)-VPIP 24%-PFR 15%-PFAF 1.9-DonkB 42%(43)-CheckR 0%(5)-WTSD 33%-W$SD 47%(58)-Hands 1172
      UTG: $5.23 (52.3 bb)
      BTN: $21.55 (215.5 bb)
      CO: $8.74 (87.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A K
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.85) 5 A J (2 players)
      BB bets $0.60, Hero raises to $1.80, BB raises to $4, Hero raises to $10.46 and is all-in, BB calls $5.60 and is all-in

Turn: ($20.05) 4 (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: ($20.05) 5 (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results:
      $20.05 pot ($1.00 rake)
      Final Board: 5 A J 4 5
      Hero showed A K and lost (-$10 net)
      BB showed J A and won $19.05 ($9.05 net)

BB is TAGy ME over 1k hands, On the Flop since I know my CBet is too high I assume that all players I play a lot of hands would know this as well so for me it didnt make sense for BB to be Donking 2 pair or a set, I thought those hands would be Check Raised. Also BB W$SD stat is a Loseing % so I thought this would be another reason to get it in.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi BigAl,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: He does seem to donk often. In HEM you can find out if he donk/calls or donk/folds often so I would check there.

If he donk/folds often I wouldn't want to raise him here but rather keep him bluffing.

As played I do think that he can still donk value hands given the nature of the board and even though he knows you cbet often he may still be afraid of a check back (or he wasn't bothered to check/pay attention to your stats).

What range did you see him stacking off with you? Can you see him raising random draws or AQ like this? I think that raise/shove here is very light unless villain goes broke with a lot of 1p hands or draws.
    • BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi BigAl,

Postflop: He does seem to donk often. In HEM you can find out if he donk/calls or donk/folds often so I would check there.

If he donk/folds often I wouldn't want to raise him here but rather keep him bluffing.

As played I do think that he can still donk value hands given the nature of the board and even though he knows you cbet often he may still be afraid of a check back (or he wasn't bothered to check/pay attention to your stats).

What range did you see him stacking off with you? Can you see him raising random draws or AQ like this? I think that raise/shove here is very light unless villain goes broke with a lot of 1p hands or draws.
      His Donk/x stats are Donk/Call 50.0%(8)-Donk/Raise 13%(8)-Donk/Fold 38%(8)

I thought that he could have AQ and FDs and maybe he thinks I am light here and decides to rebluff?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by BigAl123456
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi BigAl,

His Donk/x stats are Donk/Call 50.0%(8)-Donk/Raise 13%(8)-Donk/Fold 38%(8)

I thought that he could have AQ and FDs and maybe he thinks I am light here and decides to rebluff?
      At 10nl I rarely see this line as a bluff.

Of course if he has AQ or bluffs then we are doing better. But are hand has no real redraws if we are behind which kinda sucks for us.

And since the A of the draw is on the board he has even less draws he can raise.