5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

UTG ($15.64) 156bb
      CO ($10) 100bb
      BTN ($10) 100bb
      SB ($23.50) 235bb
      cozacu (BB) ($10.30) 103bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) cozacu is BB J:heart: J:diamond:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.30, 1 fold, SB raises to $0.90, cozacu calls $0.80, CO folds

Flop: 5:spade: K:spade: K:club: ($2, 2 players)
      SB checks, cozacu checks

Turn: 8:diamond: ($2, 2 players)
      SB checks, cozacu bets $1, SB calls $1

River: A:heart: ($4, 2 players)
      SB checks, cozacu checks

Final Pot: $4

Preflop raises 27/20 16hands

villian 51/15 af 1.4 cbet 50 ftcbet 43 14.8 3bet 73hands

Flop: decided to go with a check behind for pot control, trying to get to showdown without putting to much money in the pot. I could also check a K behind here, and I have possition.

Turn: after villain`s second check, JJ`s are looking good to me and I`m trying to extract some value from 99-TT, maybe AQ will call me for that price... rarely he`ll have some FD`s in his range.

River: A is a horrible card, nothing worst is ever calling me, can't make him fold anything better so i check behind.

What do you think about how the hand was played?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      Hey cozacu,

Preflop is fine if you suspect SB is 3betting light.

On the flop checking back is fine. Villain has stuff like AT-AQ/TT + bluffs which may struggle to call and stuff like AA/AK/QQ which has you beat.

Villain unlikely has Kx when he checks the turn: he may also bet with AA/QQ so you are likely good. There maybe isn't too much going to be calling you either so your small bet is good.

River is bad card as you say. Sometimes he has an ace, the rest of the time he will no longer pay you off with TT etc.

Hand looks fine.