fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 2.5 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (9 BB, 3 players) T:heart: 5:spade: 6:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets 4.5 BB, fold, Hero raises to 17 BB, BB calls 12.5 BB

Turn: (43 BB, 2 players) A:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets 21.5 BB, Hero calls 21.5 BB

River: (86 BB, 2 players) K:heart:
      Hero checks, BB bets 43 BB, Hero calls 43 BB

11 hands on BB, VPiP 27.

Should I check fold turn? I called because maybe he has set with 55, or AT, straight draw. Fold river?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Mlatasrb,

How's everything going? Back to 10nl for a while?

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: raising the cbet for pure value is fine

I don't think people valuebet that thin at 10nl on a big scare card like the As. So check calling (folding river UI) or ck/folding are both fine.

The other option would be to bet out but I can't really see what we are getting value from on the turn other than some odds pairs with a spade.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Mlatasrb,

How's everything going? Back to 10nl for a while?

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: raising the cbet for pure value is fine

I don't think people valuebet that thin at 10nl on a big scare card like the As. So check calling (folding river UI) or ck/folding are both fine.

The other option would be to bet out but I can't really see what we are getting value from on the turn other than some odds pairs with a spade.

I was doing good in NL25 in Partypoker, and then switched to titanpoker, where on NL20 most of guys are midstackers and they crashed me. So I lost around 30 stacks fast and have to go back to NL10 to regain confident, and wait that bad luck stopps.

I was not used to middstacker frequent alll in preflop game, and variance is a lot bigger then, also I cant get so much money with sets and AA, KK when most of guys play with 30-50BB stacks.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb

I was doing good in NL25 in Partypoker, and then switched to titanpoker, where on NL20 most of guys are midstackers and they crashed me. So I lost around 30 stacks fast and have to go back to NL10 to regain confident, and wait that bad luck stopps.

I was not used to middstacker frequent alll in preflop game, and variance is a lot bigger then, also I cant get so much money with sets and AA, KK when most of guys play with 30-50BB stacks.
      Yeh, I noticed the site change.

I don't think that it's a bad idea to drop down a limit when switching sites even if you do it right away. You have to get used to the players and of course the new software.

How's 10nl going so far?
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

Yeh, I noticed the site change.

I don't think that it's a bad idea to drop down a limit when switching sites even if you do it right away. You have to get used to the players and of course the new software.

How's 10nl going so far?

NL10 became easy for me. First day when I switched to NL10 won 14 stacks in just 1500 hands (lucky), and next time won 6 stacks with having bad luck.
      NL20 is already more difficult, people are folding to raises on flop, turn with top pairs, and adapt better to 3bets.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic

NL10 became easy for me. First day when I switched to NL10 won 14 stacks in just 1500 hands (lucky), and next time won 6 stacks with having bad luck.
      NL20 is already more difficult, people are folding to raises on flop, turn with top pairs, and adapt better to 3bets.
      If they fold more postflop it's time for us to bluff more and call more of our value hands.

By adapting better to 3-bets do you mean they 4-bet bluff more or call more with position (or both)?