[NL20-NL50] [NL25 SH Z00M] Interesting Line Dilemma

• StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver

29/23 = 64% BU steal + 13% Fv3b // 33% FvCbet
      Super high flop & turn frequencies and very very honest/passive river

So obviously I'm never even thinking about folding vs this guy ...
      My question is about turn play.

We're calling down coz we obv want to let him bluff and
      c/shoving we just get called by valuehands.

Now the multiple parts of my dilemma

1) I think nobody will do a suicidal riverbluff on such a dry board after we
      b/c flop & c/c turn and it's obv we are never folding

2) As such, we give him the perfect opportunity to play the river perfectly
      and only shove 2p+ and when he rivers his gutshots.

So ... should we c/shove the turn coz there's not much behind and
      maaaybe he will call us 1/10 times with complete crap that he went crazy/tilted/spewed with,
      fold 8/10 times and call 1/10 times having us crushed which shouldn't matter coz we were planing on going broke anyway vs him?

OOR should we actually c/c turn with the plan of sick c/herofolding river
      because of the "he can play rivers perfectly" fact and that he's rly passive/honest there?

What if he isn't passive there/is also aggro all the way til the river ...

Then on one hand it would now be better to c/c down 3 streets expecting him to shove rivers ... but at the same time the "suicidal bluff/plays rivers perfect" would still apply.

What to do, what to do on the turn with SPR being as it is ... ?(

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

BTN: $60.15 (240.6 bb)
      Hero (SB): $25 (100 bb)
      BB: $80.70 (322.8 bb)
      UTG: $5.38 (21.5 bb)
      MP: $45.93 (183.7 bb)
      CO: $68.84 (275.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q A
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $2, BB folds, BTN calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.25) 5 A K (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.10, BTN raises to $5, Hero calls $2.90

Turn: ($14.25) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $8, Hero calls $8

River: ($30.25) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Results:
      $30.25 pot ($1.36 rake)

BTN mucked J J and lost (-$15 net)
      Hero showed Q A and won $28.89 ($13.89 net)

• 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hola,

How about min3betting flop?

When someone's so aggressive on early streets, I usually try to get it in then and not let him play IP too much. He has a wide range so I can profitably stack off lighter and this is not THAT light.

@your questions: It's a maths problem really. Count combos and see if you can check/call river. By your descrption you can maybe call when you hit Q, never else but you also win a shitload when you get to the river, so I don't mind 'exploiting' his tightness there and folding. My first option would be to get fancy vs his overly aggressive tendencies though and not let him do his thing.
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Cool, thanks.

@clicking it back ... yeh, thought about it, but I think I get more value from his 2nd barrels when calling ... It'll be hard for him to do much vs clickbacks on such a board as played, other than perhaps call and then fold turns if he doesn't improve ...

I would click it back on bit different boards, like Qxx etc and even just bare Axx ...
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Why is AKx worse than Axx for clicking it back? Your range looks polarized either way, his is just as random/weak. Point is to induce by raising because he has FE... If you check/shove turn for example he has just fold or call. If you click back flop he has fold, call, raise so a tougher decision because of the more options he gets.
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Why is AKx worse than Axx for clicking it back? Your range looks polarized either way, his is just as random/weak. Point is to induce by raising because he has FE... If you check/shove turn for example he has just fold or call. If you click back flop he has fold, call, raise so a tougher decision because of the more options he gets.
      I know, in theory AKx is even better for him coz it blocks more of our AK/KK+ range, but imho it's a bit psychological ...

Ofc, we never know how the opp views things, but that's how I feel at least ...
      AKx board just "looks" a bit stronger, the board that I hit hard and he rly doesn't ...

Whereas Axx is the board everybody cbets 100% of their range and I can click back whatever ... like some "inforaise" to find out where my JJ-KK is coz his raise is so BS yadayada ...

It's not worse board to click back in reality, but in how he'll perceive the board if that makes sense