This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] FR NL4 T9s in SB - Flop action - Turn action

• mTxFaT
      mTxFaT
      Bronze
      I have no reads on the opponents.

What's my optimal move on this flop?

Flop: I am thinking check/fold because from my experience players on this limit never fold to a raise w Qx, flush draw or A8, K8. I don't wanna be betting either because I am in SB and possibly only have 6 outs to improve. However, I would bet if I was in BU because of 9s and Ts

Turn: I wanted to bet/fold because worse hands will call like any spade, 8x, 9x, worse Tx but I wouldn't know what to do on R since I am in SB and say a blank shows up just like in this case. I would just check/fold. Maybe I am overthinking that players will bet R every time I check whether they have something or bluff.

I actually timed out then CO bets so I was thinking he's betting any Tx, 8x possibly Ax, Kx(Ace, King of spades) so I called to check/fold R

What's optimal on this Turn?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($4.02)
      BB ($1.22)
      UTG ($1.04)
      UTG+1 ($5.16)
      UTG+2 ($1.60)
      MP1 ($1)
      MP2 ($0.82)
      MP3 ($3.94)
      CO ($2.09)
      BTN ($4.01)

MP1 posts $0.04

Dealt to Hero 9:club: T:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.04, fold, MP1 checks, fold, fold, CO calls $0.04, fold, Hero calls $0.02, BB checks

FLOP ($0.20) 8:spade: Q:spade: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks

TURN ($0.20) 8:spade: Q:spade: 7:diamond: T:spade:

Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, CO bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, BB folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds

RIVER ($0.44) 8:spade: Q:spade: 7:diamond: T:spade: 4:heart:
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mtxfat,

preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I agree with you that betting here on this type of board with so many people still left to act is not the best game plan. I would simply check/fold that flop.

As played we can still follow through with the check/fold because there's a decent chance that someone still has a Qx or a hand with a lot of equity versus ours. If we were HU or 3-way a bet may be fine.

As played I don't really like our call here especially with so many other guys left to act. I would simply check/fold.

So my plan from start to end would be to ck/fold.
    • mTxFaT
      mTxFaT
      Bronze
      Totally forgot about other guys on the turn. Thanks man!