Wanting to not check cashier, but still know when to move up/down

• metza
      metza
      Bronze
      So I always seem to play much better when I don't look at the cashier or whatever. The problem is, for proper bankroll management I need to know when I have either >20 or <18 Buy Ins, which of course means I need to check the cashier sometimes. (Though even when I am not close to either moving up or down sometimes curiosity gets the better of me.)

Is there any sort of (safe) program which can let you know when you've reached a certain level? Maybe even PokerTracker has some sort of relevant feature that could be used in this way..?
  • 6 replies
    • 3prswins
      3prswins
      Bronze
      Just check once a week and only move up on this day. Obviously if you feel you're losing a lot then you'll have to check to make sure whether to move down or not.
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Does anyone know if Tiltbreaker's bankroll manager feature can do this?

I read that you can get it to cover up cashier, and it says you can restrict stakes, but it doesn't say if you can allow the restricted stakes to change according to BRM...
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey metza,

Can I ask why you need to know your BI's within such a close range? If you need to know this then you'll constantly know your bankroll whether you want to or not, right?

I'm assuming its because you may play two stakes at the same time?

I'd just set myself a a set time to play, whatever you're comfortable with (or even daily) Play that one limit and don't check your Bankroll.
      Continue like this until you have a safe bankroll to player the higher limit and continue the same way again.

As for your Tilt Breaker Questions, you're best of asking in our Software Board.

I'm going to also move his into the Beginners Questions for you :)
    • MERIT900
      MERIT900
      Bronze
      the best piece of software is encapsulated inside of your head. use the same mental discipline with regards to the cashier that you use in regards to the hands you play in other words treat the cashier button like you would treat 7 2 offsuit UTG - DONT MESS WITH IT you will know in yourself if you are on an upswing or a downswing and adjust your level of play accordingly
      Be good be tight be mentally strong
    • badgerer
      badgerer
      Silver
      Originally posted by 3prswins
      Just check once a week and only move up on this day. Obviously if you feel you're losing a lot then you'll have to check to make sure whether to move down or not.
      this
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Or you could set yourself a date to move up?

Lets say you're about to move up from nl5 to nl10. Your BR is about $220 and you are using the 25BI strategy. Just tell yourself you're going to play nl5 for the next mont/2 months if you have the BR after that period.

So even if you have $300 and it's not the end of next month you don't move up. Well you won't know if you have $300 because you're not looking :D

Hope this made sense?

Regards

RasTweet