[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 AQo 29-01-13 (speed)

• Resilence
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $4.60 (92 bb)
      BB: $1.73 (34.6 bb)
      MP: $7.96 (159.2 bb)
      CO: $16.39 (327.8 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A Q
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.10, BB folds

Flop: ($0.29) 9 3 A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.21, SB calls $0.21

Turn: ($0.71) J (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.53, SB calls $0.53

River: ($1.77) 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB calls $0.70

How's my line

Obviously betting have TPGK also a backdoor but unimportant, unless we see it as ablocker for the FD.

I assume he will call with PP's FD's any Ax

Didn't really wanted an J there, but then again he could have a wide variaty of hands, he is passive, and calls me down.

Thinking he is beat but not sure if he would call this bet, should it be larger smaller?
      He really loves to go to showdown it seems, and his passive nature makes him call alot of hands but wouldn't think he's maniac enough to call a large bet what do you think?

• 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      Hey Resilence,

Preflop fine.

Flop value bet and turn value bet are fine. Opponent could have AJ, but looking at his stats he may even 3bet stuff like AJ-AK preflop. On the other hand there are draws and worse pairs that can call a second bet.

I think you have the right idea betting small on the river here. Most of his draws are busted (except for occasional Q:sT etc), so you are really trying to extract value from ATo or worse. It would be great if he also calls with hands like J:sQ K:sJ. Betting too big on this river might be a mistake.