Jüri's pokerblog

• Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze

Hello,
      This is my first entry to my poker blog,which i will be updating as frequently as I can.

Little about my history as a poker player.
      I joined pokerstrategy,last year december,but really got to playing in january,since i didn't have much time during the christmas holidays.Anyways my first try was SSS,i built my bankroll up to around 200 dollars,then started quickly BSS,worked my way up to 500 dollars with tourneys and BSS.I moved up fast,since i was on upswing.Then i thought,why to play FR,when there is so much easy money in SH games,so i switched to SH games,which was big mistake.In january 21 i broke my arm.Now I had a lot of time to play,especially the first night ,since i couldn't sleep,i just played poker.I was still on upswing,i got like 100 dollars in night by playing poker,and also the next few days were hot,but after that it was down down down down,till i lost it all(No br management ftw).After that i have played SSS,but haven't got to anywhere,just breakeven.Had some tilts too.
      Anyways I'm not playing SSS anymore but FL FR instead.

My name in IRC is Jyri
      Screenname in Partypoker:Kuri_Hunt
      Screenname in Pokerstars:Mesimumm

Few of my goals which i have set:
      Move up to 10c/20c -DONE!
      Move up to 15c/30c -DONE!
      Move up to 25c/50c -DONE!

Those are my shorterm goals,enough for now

Ok here is todays entry:

I didn't have much time to play many hands today,so i played around 950 hands.It started out pretty well for the first hour.I was having around 20bb/100.Then it went really swingy,the donks are really unpredictable, lol :D .So after 4 hours of play I'm up 0.32$.
      Here's todays graph also:

Anyways,one hand from today too:

0.05/0.10 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:diamond: , K:club:
      UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, BU calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (8.40 SB) A:club: , Q:spade: , 2:spade: (8 players)
      BB checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets, BU calls, 4 folds, Hero calls, MP3 raises, CO calls, BU calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.20 BB) T:heart: (4 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets, BU folds, Hero raises, MP3 3-bets, CO calls, Hero caps, MP3 calls, CO calls.

River: (20.20 BB) 9:diamond: (3 players)
      Hero bets, MP3 raises, CO calls, Hero 3-bets, MP3 caps, CO folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 30.20 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      MP3 shows [ Ah, Ad ] three of a kind, Aces
      Hero shows [ Jd, Kc ] a straight Ten to Ace
      Hero wins $2.72 USD with a straight, Ten to Ace.

I'm going to review my sessions now and try to find leaks,which I am sure there are a lot.
  • 18 replies
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Good luck Jüri!
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      Nice blog. I know you can make it, but try to concentrate on one type of the game. even if you have a downswing...go through it!
      Good luck.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Ok,so i have finished playing poker for today.It was very good day,i got to move up to 10c/20c since i released some bonus and that gave quite a boost to my BR.After i moved to 10c/20c ,money started flowing in,I played 484 hands with profit of $8.57.I played about 6 hours today with rate of 3.13bb/100 (both limits).

I made screenie of how i got pretty lucky with hands today:

Few hands too:

0.10/0.20 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with T:heart: , A:club:
      UTG+1 calls, 4 folds, CO calls, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 3-bets, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 9:spade: , J:spade: , 8:heart: (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG+1 checks, CO bets, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 7:diamond: (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG+1 bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, UTG+1 caps, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (20.25 BB) 3:club: (3 players)
      UTG+1 bets, CO raises, Hero calls, UTG+1 3-bets, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 29.25 BB

UTG+1 shows [ As, Tc ] a straight Seven to Jack
      CO shows [ Ts, Ks ] a straight Seven to Jack
      Hero shows [ Th, Ac ] a straight Seven to Jack
      UTG+1 wins $1.86 USD with a straight, Seven to Jack.
      CO wins $1.85 USD with a straight, Seven to Jack.
      Hero wins $1.85 USD with a straight, Seven to Jack.

3way-split is not cool :(

0.10/0.20 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5:club: , 5:heart:
      5 folds, CO raises, BU folds, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop: (7.00 SB) T:club: , 7:club: , K:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets, CO calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets, CO calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

CO shows [ Ts, Ac ] a pair of Tens
      Hero shows [ 5c, 5h ] a pair of Fives
      CO wins $1.24 USD with a pair of Tens.

Mid pairs are not nuts -.-
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Ok,so my day started with waking up at 10 am,having a cup of coffee and reading some forums.Now i had plan to evaluate yesterday's hands but i decided i would do some sports instead,after i got back from about 1,5 hour running,I looked at Partypoker's lobby and saw only few tight 10c/20c limit tables,so I decided I would cook lunch for myself instead and after that I'll start playing poker.But as I finished eating I was being invited to beach,so there i went.After getting back home,I chatted a little and realized that if I don't start poker now,then I won't most likely play today at all.So clock showed 10pm and i was read to go fishing.The session went really well,although i had some very funny losses,where I just couldn't believe what my opponent was holding.I had almost the bankroll for 15c/30c but after few bad beats and some lost value,and some bad plays,my graph went a little bit down.
      I am only 4 dollars,that's 20bb's away from next limit,so I'm sure I'll move up tomorrow.

Some stats from my session:

BB/100-7.08
      Profit- $4.70
      Hours played:3

Overall I'm happy with todays results,also I noticed that I have become better at handling a bad beat,or unlucky hand psychologically.It's 1.19 am and I'm too tired to evaluate my hands,so I will be doing that tomorrow(hopefully)

Have a nice day all.
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Hello,haven't been updating my blog since I have been to beach almost like whole week and many hours a day(gone from white to black ).So I haven't had much time for poker since I got home pretty late.
      Yesterday,altho I played a lot since weather turned upside down here.I had been playing like 1-2 hours maybe on 15c/30c and losing few bb's everyday,so I was down like 7 dollars in 15c/30c and went upto 5 dollars(about).

So here's few stats from yesterday:
      Hands played:1789
      Amount won: $12.52
      BB/100:2.33
      $/Hour:$2.16

Here's my all time graph and stats:

Bankroll:$113
    • MackieeE
      MackieeE
      Bronze
      Really looking like you've got the hang of things! Keep going! so you're maintaing 0.10/0.20 from now on or 0.15/0.30?
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      I'm playing at 15c/30c till I get the BR for 25c/50c
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Nice to see FL player, who grows his BR steadily. Keep it going! :)
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Down the hill

I'm writing this entry today since I wasn't in a good mood yesterday,yeah i had a little downswing.It was about 66bb I think and I stopped before it got worse.I also think it's not all about variance,I'm sure that 40% of it was bad play,I will be watching few videos,studying more about pokertracker stats,so I can get better use of it.I also will reread some articles and hopefully will make it to the sample hands forum,to get some additional material.There is also some thread in 2+2 where they teach you how to find leaks through pokertracker,I don't know which sample size you need though.So some day I will try to analyze my database too.

Anyways,here a graph just from yesterday:

So today's plan is:

Reread articles
      Read sample hands forum
      Analyze my yesterdays play
      Learn more about Pokertracker stats
      Play some poker in the evening.

Br:$126
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      That is good that you stopped playing. This means you have a good discipline which is important at poker. Lots of people just start grinding to get break even (I confess, me too :) )
      Just don't panic. Downswings happens (I had it yesterday too). You'll be back soon.
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Moving up

Hello,great news!I'm moving up to 25c/50c.I have the bankroll for it but really didn't get it in 15c/30c.After i got home from being away 1,5days from poker, I just wanted to play some...well there wasn't enough 15c/30c tables to fill my screen and i decided to take a look at 25c/50c and there were much more fishy tables.So i played a little and got myself bankroll needed for 25c/50c.The level there is same,only more tables.

Bankroll: $153
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Running good

I have been lazy in past few days,haven't focused on studying,but more on playing,I think today I'll mostly read the sample hands forum,because I have the articles in my head( I think).So after I moved up to 25c/50c i have played 2370 hands at rate of 3.88bb/100.It would be good to maintain that rate,lol.
      I need like 10 times bigger sample size though.I have also noticed that my attempt to steal has risen to 50%,I think it's from the tight tables,you have more TAG's and therefore more of the table fold and you can steal more.I figured that this time I'll post my liftime graph and stats.Maybe when i get more hands in 25c/50c ill post this limit only.

Graph:

Stats:

If you find something odd in my stats,feel free to tell me!

BR:$176
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      Keep up the good work!
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I completely forgot everything about FR, so I can't comment stats, but graph looks really nice :)
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      A Little Downswing

So yesterday i hit about 60bb downswing and my bankroll is down to about 160usd(I can't get into partypoker at the moment so I can't say the correct number).60bb downswing,hmm well nothing special,just loose all your big pots and+little mistakes and there you have it.Today I'm planning to study more,and play poker at night(12.00-2am or so).At this time there are most people playing FL low stakes,atleast that's what platform statistics say.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Gl Jüri,
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      132BB Day

Anyways it's been awhile,since I have updated blog.Yes,I know,I'm lazy :) .
      On August 18,I had a biggest upswing so far in FL.I won 132bb in one day,tables were really good,40-50vpip average,so I opened 6 tables(I usually play 4 tables) to get the maximum,and I got much value out of my made hands,also had some really big nut draws,where it paid off so well because of all the people in the pot.I really can't remember if I got any serious beats,so maybe it was a lucky day too.Well next day after a big upswing,I got a downswing,tight tables,loosing set over set etc,and i finished day -40bb.Today when I started I was about -60bb downswing?Well the last hour or so has been great and I'm back again at the point where my big upswing ended.
      Here's my lifetime graph:

My BR:$242

Ofcourse day is not over,and I will be playing few more hours but i wanted to write this entry because most likely afterwards I will be too tired to do that.
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      From micro to low stakes

Hello,since it has been awhile I have updated my blog so I will post quite a few pictures and let you know what I have been doing past week.
      At the start of the week I decided to move my bankroll to Pokerstars.When I first opened 4 tables in pokerstars i quickly realized that the players are much worse.It's also harder to see who's regular and who is not,since I don't have much stats there,so I'll try to find some data from german forums.Start at Stars went pretty bad,I was getting sucked out with premium hands by random suited cards etc.But the day before yesterday I had a major heater,one session was 45bb/100 and other was something like 20bb/100 before but then went to 9bb/100.Also yesterday I managed to play enough to get bankroll for 0.5/1.After taking break I thought I'll take a look at the new level and quickly ran into very lucky idiot,who managed to suck out my AK with 34o and QQ with random K.The guy coldcalled everyone's pf raises/3bets with any two and just hit the board,unbelievable.I actually screamed "WHAT THE FUCK" at 1am ,so I think some of the surrounding people who were sleeping could have woke up because of that.
      Since I have no idea how to put so on pt3 that I could show both sites graph in one,I'll post here my pokerstars graph:

BR:$287