[NL2-NL10] NL2 Zoom AQo

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $2.42 (121 bb)
      Hero (SB): $2.25 (112.5 bb)
      BB: $2.34 (117 bb)
      UTG: $3.30 (165 bb)
      MP: $1.10 (55 bb)
      CO: $0.77 (38.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q A
      UTG folds, MP calls $0.02, CO folds, BTN calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.24) 3 J A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, BTN raises to $0.28, Hero calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.80) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.66, Hero raises to $1.87 and is all-in, BTN folds

Results:
      $2.12 pot ($0.07 rake)
      Final Board: 3 J A A
      BTN mucked and lost (-$1.04 net)
      Hero mucked Q A and won $2.05 ($1.01 net)

Villain is unknown, full stacked.

PF: I raised my hand vs 2 limpers for value.

Flop: I led out and bet around 2/3 pot. Villain min-raises me. On this dry board, I believe I'm ahead most of the time so I just call. I can discount AK, AJ, JJ rom his range as I believe he would have isolate the open limper preflop. The few hands which I worry about are A3, 33 and slowplayed Aces.

Turn: I hit trips so I can discount Aces from his range. He bets close to pot-size here. If I call his bet here, I will definitely commit my stack on the River. I thought for quite some time and decided to shove here as I can beat most of his Ax.

The thought of folding crossed my mind like many times (I realize it's me to always think of how I'm beat and seldom what hands I'm beating too). But this time, there are just so few hands which beat me based on the way he played.

Question: So I believe he has worse Aces or he's bluffing (which I didn't think so based on his bet sizing), should I then just call his turn bet and let him bet again on the River?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Cheekopeh,

Preflop: looks fine but our raise can be larger OOP vs 2 players

Postflop: The raise flop like on dry boards it's not always a strong hand. A fish is more likely to bluff raise the flop than the turn so calling there is fine.

His turn bet does polarize his range and we know that if he has Ax he will get the money in anyway. So we need to focus on the rest of his range (bluffs, Jx, etc.) however, considering that he is IP and can check river back I would either shove like you did or call and shove river into him. Either way could work and maybe we get bluffcatched ligther if we call and shove river. However we run the risk of letting him suckout with a diamond draw or KQ type hand.