NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($15.04)
      Hero ($10.15)
      UTG ($20.44)
      UTG+1 ($11.78)
      CO ($12.26)
      BTN ($17.67)

Dealt to Hero A:club: 9:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.40

FLOP ($1.20) 3:heart: 6:club: K:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB calls $0.70

TURN ($2.60) 3:heart: 6:club: K:spade: 9:diamond:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($2.60) 3:heart: 6:club: K:spade: 9:diamond: J:spade:

SB bets $1.10, Hero folds

SB wins $2.43

• 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine BvB

Postflop: Considering that villain has folded quite a bit so far (to cbets) I like our flop bet and once we hit our 9 I would also check because I expect his range to have TT/JJ/Kx often and those are not folding unless we bluff 2 more streets (if that).

SO overall I like your play.

As a side note what was your plan if turn is an A or river is a 9/A?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      If turn is A i am checking for potcontroll, with the intention of betting river.

If he bets river it might get tricky and A could be not good enough. If river is A and he is betting he is almost only repping KK+,AKs,AKo with his style and might other lower sets too but anything else is doubtful. So call with trips fold anything else seems okay, or call a9 2p too if we are unsure he would bluff there or not, i doubt it.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      If turn is A i am checking for potcontroll, with the intention of betting river.

If he bets river it might get tricky and A could be not good enough. If river is A and he is betting he is almost only repping KK+,AKs,AKo with his style and might other lower sets too but anything else is doubtful. So call with trips fold anything else seems okay, or call a9 2p too if we are unsure he would bluff there or not, i doubt it.
      I think that we could bet the turn on an A unless we expect him to float flop with AQ/AJ/AT type hands.

As he played it I think that he could bet some Kx hands on the river so just calling trips will probably lose us value. If he were to bet on the rivered Ax it would be a bit different because now he is polarized.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      The weakest kx he could have there is kq, also has ak, and likely sets.