NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10.07)
      BB ($11.94)
      UTG ($4.45)
      UTG+1 ($18.14)
      CO ($9.40)
      BTN ($21.39)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.40, fold, Hero raises to $1.30, fold, CO calls $0.90

FLOP ($2.70) 9:diamond: T:club: 2:heart:

Hero bets $1.20, CO calls $1.20

TURN ($5.10) 9:diamond: T:club: 2:heart: T:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $2.85, Hero raises to $7.57 (AI), CO folds

Hero shows K:spade: K:diamond:

Hero wins $10.08

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: OOP, versus fishy guy and versus a big 4BB raise I would consider 3-betting even larger, perhaps closer to 1.5.

Postflop: Flop looks fine but could you explain why you took that line on the turn rather than just bet out, or at least underbet to induce?

I'm assuming we looked at the small sample and thought that he could float/is aggro on the later streets?

I don't mind checking here if we have good reasons to expect floats that would always bet but without much info we really don't have that information and we want max value from hands like JJ/QQ and other pairs that may check back.

I would prefer a 1/3 bet rather than checking here if we really want to induce.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Yes i suspected he could bluff, not the guy who just too passive and i have to put his stack in with his 2. pair.

Main question is should i go for c/p for easier calldown or go for c/c turn c/c river for the unlikely followup bluff ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Yes i suspected he could bluff, not the guy who just too passive and i have to put his stack in with his 2. pair.

Main question is should i go for c/p for easier calldown or go for c/c turn c/c river for the unlikely followup bluff ?
      The Th brings in some FDs which he can barrel with so I prefer the ck/push since we don't know a whole lot about the guy and it may be unlikely that he bluffs river again once we call.