[NL2-NL10] NL10 AA vs. donkbet on flop

• Tuuletallaja
      Do I play this kinda overpair hands wrong? AA, KK

Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.58 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A:diamond: , A:club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0,40, 3 folds, BB raises to $0,70, Hero raises to $2,10, BB calls $1,40.

Flop: ($4,25) 7:club: , J:spade: , T:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $1,20, Hero raises to $8,05 (All-In), BB calls $6,85.

Final Pot: $20,35

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of aces (Ad Ac)
      BB shows two pairs, jacks and tens (Th Jh)

BB wins with two pairs, jacks and tens (Th Jh)

should i only call their flop bet, or what should i think about their donk bets on the flop, seems like i lose more with calling then i win

I posted results to show what i usually have to deal with, when i call their bets - two pairs or set

and ofcourse this time, when he re-raised, and call my re-rerais, i did put him on KK, QQ, AK or JJ at least

this hand made me so mad at donks, grr
  • 3 replies
    • Atoks
      Good preflop. I'd play it the same way and after his call I'd expect him to have TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AK, maybe even AQ. But saying this and realizing it's NL10 it's really hard to put the opponent on a hand. He could even call with 77, KQ or 98 don't seem too unreasonable for players of these limits.
      The flop bet is rather odd and ur commiting urself with anything else then a call here. I'd like to say I would fold but I have to say I'm not too sure I would.
    • Tosh5457
      I'd never never never fold against that ultra mega donkey doing a small donkey bet. Nh, I'd play the same way.
    • Kaitz20
      Board is drawy and it is 3-bet pot. Shove is best imo.