Add polls to threads?

• 4 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey prime,

Could you elaborate; Provide some examples?

Which threads do you think we be suitable to have a poll added to them?

If you feel that one of your threads or even someone elses would be more beneficial you can always ask within the thread or contact us through the Community Tool and we may be able to add it on for you :)
    • prime333
      prime333
      Basic
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Hey prime,

Could you elaborate; Provide some examples?

Which threads do you think we be suitable to have a poll added to them?

If you feel that one of your threads or even someone elses would be more beneficial you can always ask within the thread or contact us through the Community Tool and we may be able to add it on for you :)
      Hand Evaluations up to No Limit 0.05/0.10 section should give the user access to polls. So when you post a hand you can also add a poll. So if you posted a hand which you folded on the river you can add a polled asking "Should I fold" and other people can veto yes or no. I think it will be VERY benefical for cases such as this. I can't be that hard to install polls on the forums so I don't see why not?
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Polls are already included within the forums functions, but they aren't available for users to add them to threads. This is why I suggest that you ask a staff member to add one to a thread for you so that they can see if its suitable/beneficial, if so, then I can't see why we'd decline =)

I'm not sure how beneficial a "Should I Fold" would be. This will only show what the majority think is the correct move, not which IS the correct move.
      I believe it is better to ask this question in the original post and let users post their answers and explain why they think this, which in turn gets the community to discuss a hand rather than just say clicking "Fold", "Fold", "Call", Fold" ... which would have no educational benefit in my opinion, would you mind to explain why you think it would?
    • prime333
      prime333
      Basic
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Polls are already included within the forums functions, but they aren't available for users to add them to threads. This is why I suggest that you ask a staff member to add one to a thread for you so that they can see if its suitable/beneficial, if so, then I can't see why we'd decline =)

I'm not sure how beneficial a "Should I Fold" would be. This will only show what the majority think is the correct move, not which IS the correct move. I believe it is better to ask this question in the original post and let users post their answers and explain why they think this, which in turn gets the community to discuss a hand rather than just say clicking "Fold", "Fold", "Call", Fold" ... which would have no educational benefit in my opinion, would you mind to explain why you think it would?
      I agree that what the majority votes for might not always be the right move. I think that by allowing people the function to vote it will give important feedback to the user plus what the majority votes for might not always be the move it is often the right move. Polls would be useful the community is right for often than not.