[NL2-NL10] AA in an odd spot

• ihatemicrostakes
      ihatemicrostakes
      Bronze
      Got lost here on the flop, I was pretty afraid of facing two pair or a set and planned on bet/folding. I got called and got lost on the turn again.
      Villain is 20/14 and I don't know his AF because HM2 doesn't show it to me.

Full Tilt, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $10.47 (209.4 bb)
      MP: $7.64 (152.8 bb)
      CO: $2.67 (53.4 bb)
      BTN: $5.76 (115.2 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5.17 (103.4 bb)
      BB: $10.68 (213.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A A
      UTG raises to $0.17, MP calls $0.17, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BB folds, UTG calls $0.58, MP folds

Flop: ($1.72) Q J K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.03, UTG calls $1.03

Turn: ($3.78) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.39 and is all-in, UTG folds

Results:
      $3.78 pot ($0.25 rake)
      Final Board: Q J K 8
      UTG mucked and lost (-$1.78 net)
      Hero mucked A A and won $3.53 ($1.75 net)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello,

Preflop: looks fine and I like your larger raise size.

Postflop: If we plan on going broke (which I would too) I would bet the flop slightly larger and ship the turn.

Considering we squeezed on the larger size I would expect villains range to rarely contain 2p type hands (QJ/QK/JK) and most of his range would have TT/JJ/AQ/AK possibly QQ.

Hm2 should be able to show you the aggression and if you don't have it on by default you can add it in Hud Options.

As a side note, once you leave a reply make sure to hit the "Advise judge to take another look" so we can spot it and come back to the thread.
    • ihatemicrostakes
      ihatemicrostakes
      Bronze
      Hey, thanks for the help. I am interested in your private coaching but I really have no money to pay you, so I won't take it, but might do in the future if I start beating this game.
      Please take a look in this thread of mine and just give me some hints of how to improve: I feel frustrated, can't beat this game
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by ihatemicrostakes
      Hey, thanks for the help. I am interested in your private coaching but I really have no money to pay you, so I won't take it, but might do in the future if I start beating this game.
      Please take a look in this thread of mine and just give me some hints of how to improve: I feel frustrated, can't beat this game
      I took a quick look at your thread and some of the stats over the 25k sample and a few things jumped up:

1) you open a lot and cbet way too much for a limit where people simply don't like folding.
      2) we are very aggressive, especially on flop and turn so that means we put a lot of money in with a weaker range
      3) seems like your 3-bet is on the lower end given how much we could 3-bet for pure value at these limits, but I can't see your 3-bet by position.
      4) WTSD is smaller than average and you don't make enough money which ties in with 1-2 of being aggro in the wrong spots. It's also possible you are not really bluffcatching versus some opponents.

You can post here some HEM screenshots for reports by position and I can try to give you some more pointers for things to look for.

But without doing a proper DB analysis I can't really give you detailed information (because I don't have access to it).