This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AA in an odd spot

• ihatemicrostakes
      ihatemicrostakes
      Bronze
      Got lost here on the flop, I was pretty afraid of facing two pair or a set and planned on bet/folding. I got called and got lost on the turn again.
      Villain is 20/14 and I don't know his AF because HM2 doesn't show it to me.

Full Tilt, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $10.47 (209.4 bb)
      MP: $7.64 (152.8 bb)
      CO: $2.67 (53.4 bb)
      BTN: $5.76 (115.2 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5.17 (103.4 bb)
      BB: $10.68 (213.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A A
      UTG raises to $0.17, MP calls $0.17, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BB folds, UTG calls $0.58, MP folds

Flop: ($1.72) Q J K (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.03, UTG calls $1.03

Turn: ($3.78) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.39 and is all-in, UTG folds

Results:
      $3.78 pot ($0.25 rake)
      Final Board: Q J K 8
      UTG mucked and lost (-$1.78 net)
      Hero mucked A A and won $3.53 ($1.75 net)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello,

Preflop: looks fine and I like your larger raise size.

Postflop: If we plan on going broke (which I would too) I would bet the flop slightly larger and ship the turn.

Considering we squeezed on the larger size I would expect villains range to rarely contain 2p type hands (QJ/QK/JK) and most of his range would have TT/JJ/AQ/AK possibly QQ.

Hm2 should be able to show you the aggression and if you don't have it on by default you can add it in Hud Options.

As a side note, once you leave a reply make sure to hit the "Advise judge to take another look" so we can spot it and come back to the thread.
    • ihatemicrostakes
      ihatemicrostakes
      Bronze
      Hey, thanks for the help. I am interested in your private coaching but I really have no money to pay you, so I won't take it, but might do in the future if I start beating this game.
      Please take a look in this thread of mine and just give me some hints of how to improve: I feel frustrated, can't beat this game
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by ihatemicrostakes
      Hey, thanks for the help. I am interested in your private coaching but I really have no money to pay you, so I won't take it, but might do in the future if I start beating this game.
      Please take a look in this thread of mine and just give me some hints of how to improve: I feel frustrated, can't beat this game
      I took a quick look at your thread and some of the stats over the 25k sample and a few things jumped up:

1) you open a lot and cbet way too much for a limit where people simply don't like folding.
      2) we are very aggressive, especially on flop and turn so that means we put a lot of money in with a weaker range
      3) seems like your 3-bet is on the lower end given how much we could 3-bet for pure value at these limits, but I can't see your 3-bet by position.
      4) WTSD is smaller than average and you don't make enough money which ties in with 1-2 of being aggro in the wrong spots. It's also possible you are not really bluffcatching versus some opponents.

You can post here some HEM screenshots for reports by position and I can try to give you some more pointers for things to look for.

But without doing a proper DB analysis I can't really give you detailed information (because I don't have access to it).