[NL2-NL10] FR NL4 77 in UTG - River

• mTxFaT
      mTxFaT
      Bronze
      MP2 is a fish that limps 40-50% of hands. He is passive. Never seen him going to SD.

I planned to bet/fold R so I bet small.

He had $1.16 left.

I am kinda lost on the river though because if I check and he pushes I have no idea where I am. Bet/fold feels weak because he would push with A7, A4, 87, any 2 pair or any random garbage like K8. Then, I should bet/call? Am I too scared to lose a hand? :)

What's my optimal play here?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.76)
      BB ($3.41)
      UTG ($0.80)
      Hero ($4.42)
      UTG+2 ($2.60)
      MP1 ($3.73)
      MP2 ($1.85)
      CO ($3.79)
      BTN ($7.32)

UTG+2 posts $0.04

Dealt to Hero 7:heart: 7:club:

fold, Hero calls $0.04, UTG+2 checks, fold, MP2 calls $0.04, fold, BTN calls $0.04, SB calls $0.02, BB checks

FLOP ($0.24) 7:diamond: 4:diamond: 3:heart:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.18, UTG+2 folds, MP2 calls $0.18, BTN folds, SB folds, BB folds

TURN ($0.60) 7:diamond: 4:diamond: 3:heart: 8:spade:

Hero bets $0.45, MP2 calls $0.45

RIVER ($1.50) 7:diamond: 4:diamond: 3:heart: 8:spade: A:diamond:

Hero bets $0.60, MP2 folds
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi MtxFat,

Preflop: If the table is full of fish then limping first in is fine. Otherwise I'd like to open here.

Postflop: we should bet pot on a flop like this for max value (and to build this pot)

Same goes for the turn and then we could ship the river (if we bet big enough we'd leave a lot less behind so anything that called flop/turn would be priced in to call).

As played, I think that just shoving is better. The Ad is good because that reduces the number of potential flushes compared to lets say a 2d but it also creates a pretty big scare card. So I think you could go with the shove or bet/call small to induce.
    • nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      As played, I think that just shoving is better. The Ad is good because that reduces the number of potential flushes compared to lets say a 2d but it also creates a pretty big scare card. So I think you could go with the shove or bet/call small to induce.

can we shove for value? FD complete
      ty
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by nipbourne

ty
      I would say yes. Remember that he only has about $1 left and we are already putting in 60c.

And villains range is much wider than just flush draws and the Ad reduces his combos a lot because we know that villain would play any suited aces but may not play all lower suited hands.
    • nipbourne
      nipbourne
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

ty
      I would say yes. Remember that he only has about $1 left and we are already putting in 60c.

And villains range is much wider than just flush draws and the Ad reduces his combos a lot because we know that villain would play any suited aces but may not play all lower suited hands.
      what worse would call the shove on river? 7x/55/66?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

ty

what worse would call the shove on river? 7x/55/66?
      1p like 7x/8x/99-JJ and some random 2p (with the Ax or 2p that he slowplayed). About the same range that calls half a pot bet.