Hero (MP): 100 BB
      CO: 163.4 BB
      BTN: 103.3 BB
      SB: 101.5 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 5:diamond: 5:heart:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB and is all-in, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) 9:club: 6:club: 4:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 5.8 BB, Hero raises to 16 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 10.2 BB

Turn: (39.5 BB, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero bets 26 BB, BTN calls 26 BB

River: (91.5 BB, 2 players) 7:heart:
      Hero bets 55 BB, BTN calls 55 BB

Hero shows 5:diamond: 5:heart: (One Pair, Fives) (Pre 53%, Flop 74%, Turn 86%)
      BTN shows A:diamond: 8:diamond: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 47%, Flop 26%, Turn 14%)
      Hero wins 188.1 BB

50 hands VPiP 17, PFR 15

I played so bad, probably because I dont know how to play OOP with small PP on such a board. I belive I have often the best hand on this board against his range, and If I cbet he would float often on this board, and I have mostly to check fold turn.
      So how to play this situation?

Is turn cbet ok, if I did check raise? He could often have overcards floating once, or flush draw against which I am still ahead? And river bet, because flush draw missed? I dont know if average player would really call raise and two bets with 9x, or even TT
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: If you expect villain to float light you can bet flop and turn most of the time. I'm not a huge fan of raising without equity. Even a hand like A5hh would be better to raise here.

I'm really curious what type of history or additional info we have on the villain that he calls that light...
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      I had only 50 hands on him, no reads at all on him.

I think my play was really bad, because in NL10 people really dont like to fold to check raise, this guy is perfect example, even calling river shove with air.

I wanted to ask how would you play flop? Cbet, or check call, check/fold?
      Is it ok in our future hands to raise him and bet bet just with top pair good kicker, because he saw me bluffing?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      I had only 50 hands on him, no reads at all on him.

I think my play was really bad, because in NL10 people really dont like to fold to check raise, this guy is perfect example, even calling river shove with air.

I wanted to ask how would you play flop? Cbet, or check call, check/fold?
      Is it ok in our future hands to raise him and bet bet just with top pair good kicker, because he saw me bluffing?
      I think that 10nl players don't float as much as we think they do so betting there to take down the pot is by far my preferred line and if we get called we can bet big turn cards or even flush completing turns.