[NL2-NL10] KJ OOP vs reg

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      no hud, speed,
      villain is tight reg (while playing I knew that, he's playing 16/13 and cbets 76%)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10.37)
      BB ($12.83)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($21.25)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($23.26)

Dealt to Hero J:club: K:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.35, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold

FLOP ($0.80) Q:spade: K:diamond: J:heart:

Hero checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

TURN ($2) Q:spade: K:diamond: J:heart: 7:spade:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

RIVER ($5) Q:spade: K:diamond: J:heart: 7:spade: 9:spade:

Hero checks, CO checks

CO shows K:club: A:spade:
      (Pre 75%, Flop 36.7%, Turn 22.7%)

Hero shows J:club: K:heart:
      (Pre 25%, Flop 63.3%, Turn 77.3%)

Hero wins $4.67

I was thinking about c/r flop but while giving him range I found KQ, KJ, AT, KK, QQ, JJ, ...only hands that I beat are AA and AK and I know he's not going broke with 1 pair in this spot.

Was thinking again about c/r on the turn but since his bet is quite normal I go for just call.

River is not the best card but I don't see that many Tx in his range (at the time of playing, thinking now all Tx with pair on the flop are possible).

Can I still profitably play this kind of hands against him or should I rather just fold preflop?
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: I don't like the light call in the SB with another player left to act, especially since villain is a tight opener and thus we face a stronger range. On top of that our hand plays poorly OOP. So either fold or 3-bet (although we can 3-bet much better hands).

Equilab your equity versus a tighter range.

Postflop: We could raise for value on both flop/turn and the hands we would target would be AK/AA and maybe AQ/KT.

We can also donk/fold river to about $3 to get value from hands that check back (AK/AA).
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Postflop: We could raise for value on both flop/turn and the hands we would target would be AK/AA and maybe AQ/KT.

We can also donk/fold river to about $3 to get value from hands that check back (AK/AA).
      I was thinking of c/raising on the turn. Since OOP it's hard to get value.

Thinking about river donk/fold. I know people on micro limits don't bluff-raise rivers but flush and T got there. Do you think small block bet of $2 is bad here? Better to go for bigger bet although we get calls most of the times from better hands?

Is c/c of $3 possible here? Firing 3 streets looks strong so I not sure we can beat anything.