[NL2-NL10] 87s IP vs reg (super deep)

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      no hud, speed.
      villain is reg (playing 23/19 and capable of making aggro moves)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.43)
      BB ($8.43)
      CO ($30.74)
      Hero ($37.23)

Dealt to Hero 8:spade: 7:spade:

CO raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1, fold, fold, CO raises to $2.50, Hero calls $1.50

FLOP ($5.15) 3:spade: 7:club: Q:club:

CO bets $3, Hero calls $3

TURN ($11.15) 3:spade: 7:club: Q:club: T:diamond:

CO checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($11.15) 3:spade: 7:club: Q:club: T:diamond: Q:diamond:

CO checks, Hero checks

CO shows 9:heart: A:heart:
      (Pre 62%, Flop 20.4%, Turn 13.6%)

Hero shows 8:spade: 7:spade:
      (Pre 38%, Flop 79.6%, Turn 86.4%)

Hero wins $10.41

We're both super deep so that's the reason I'm playing. I know it's not advisable. We have some history with 3b and even 4b so his 4b doesn't necessary mean he's strong.

Before making flop 4b I decided to float if I flop any draw or pair since he cbets a lot (HM says 75 but while playing I was having a feeling more like 85%).

Turn is not such a great card since he might have some JT, T9 or even KT kind of hands. Most than everything he's definitely got some draw now. While playing I was having 2 scenarios:
      1) bet turn for value for SD/ FD + you might get free showdown
      2) c behind and call blank R - 2,3,4,5,6,8, T, Q,
      ...I went for the second one.

River comes good card but when I came there I was afraid he might show me some 99, 88, Tx, JJ. I can't get value from any hand that I beat. Thinking about it I realised I should just bet the T (and not be so afraid of his c/r).
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: Ideally when you play deep you want to play hands that can get the nuts or close to it. So for example suited aces are much better than smaller suited connectors.

And even the 2p we flop are not going to be very strong so I would advise against the type of play you made here.

Postflop: As played we can bet/fold the turn and try to take that pot down now. We may even get some light calls from some draws and then we can check the river back.

I don't like calling the river as much because the bet/ck/bet line could have a lot more value than bluffs.