[NL2-NL10] AQ bvb

    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.12.2007 Posts: 2,020
      no hud, speed.
      villain is reg

      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10.20)
      BB ($13.45)
      UTG ($25.17)
      UTG+1 ($10.33)
      CO ($4.60)
      BTN ($15.10)

      Dealt to Hero A:heart: Q:club:

      fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.90, Hero raises to $2.50, BB calls $1.60

      FLOP ($5) A:club: 9:diamond: T:diamond:

      Hero checks, BB bets $2.50, Hero raises to $7.70 (AI), BB calls $5.20

      TURN ($20.40) A:club: 9:diamond: T:diamond: 9:club:

      RIVER ($20.40) A:club: 9:diamond: T:diamond: 9:club: 4:diamond:

      BB shows T:heart: T:spade:
      (Pre 57%, Flop 95.2%, Turn 95.5%)

      Hero shows A:heart: Q:club:
      (Pre 43%, Flop 4.8%, Turn 4.5%)

      BB wins $19.04


      Is it better just to call his 3b since we will be OOP and if he continues we're in bad shape.

      Postflop I said to myself if he has AK, it may learn you for next time.

      I'm looking at his stats now...
      HM = 23/18, 3b 4,1; if I knew this info while playing is folding preflop only correct? Or can we flat bvb?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Hi Yax,

      Preflop: looks fine as a 4-bet bluff. I don't like calling OOP even though ranges are wider. We rarely flop and we don't know anything about villain.

      What range do you expect a regular to call a 4-bet with? It's almost always AQ/AK maybe AJs and pairs like 99-TT-JJ.

      So what does the shove really accomplish?
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.12.2007 Posts: 2,020
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Yax,

      Preflop: looks fine as a 4-bet bluff. I don't like calling OOP even though ranges are wider. We rarely flop and we don't know anything about villain.

      What range do you expect a regular to call a 4-bet with? It's almost always AQ/AK maybe AJs and pairs like 99-TT-JJ.

      So what does the shove really accomplish?
      My thinking was "I can't only c/c since if he missed he might c behind turn and river and I can't do much". If I just call, how can I then fold on turn? Makes little sense so the decision was whether to fold it or shove it on the flop.
      To be honest I wasn't giving him 99 and TT which is bit sloppy from my side. If I consider this then my decision would be much tougher.

      I'm not used to this kind of decisions since on this limit people either fold or 5b-shove. Playing postflop is very hard since stack sizes are relatively small and anyone can get it in easily on flop or turn. Will have to work on this aspect. Thank you.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian

      My thinking was "I can't only c/c since if he missed he might c behind turn and river and I can't do much". If I just call, how can I then fold on turn? Makes little sense so the decision was whether to fold it or shove it on the flop.
      To be honest I wasn't giving him 99 and TT which is bit sloppy from my side. If I consider this then my decision would be much tougher.

      I'm not used to this kind of decisions since on this limit people either fold or 5b-shove. Playing postflop is very hard since stack sizes are relatively small and anyone can get it in easily on flop or turn. Will have to work on this aspect. Thank you.
      Since villain is a reg and not a fish we can't really expect too wide of a range for calling preflop even though we are BvB. A lot of the time you'll also see some slowplays.

      I find betting in these spots, even if you underbet to induce to be much better. Once we check we put ourselves in a tough spot. He bets AQ/AK/sets and does he bet anything else?

      I'd assume even weaker Ax would check behind along with JJ-KK.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.12.2007 Posts: 2,020
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      I find betting in these spots, even if you underbet to induce to be much better. Once we check we put ourselves in a tough spot. He bets AQ/AK/sets and does he bet anything else?

      I'd assume even weaker Ax would check behind along with JJ-KK.
      :f_thumbsup: logical and noted of course:)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      I find betting in these spots, even if you underbet to induce to be much better. Once we check we put ourselves in a tough spot. He bets AQ/AK/sets and does he bet anything else?

      I'd assume even weaker Ax would check behind along with JJ-KK.
      :f_thumbsup: logical and noted of course:)
      Sounds good :)

      Remember to always have a plan for your hand (in this case once you 4-bet and get called).