This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 30 8 qq

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.39)
      Hero ($15.30)
      UTG ($1.32)
      UTG+1 ($18.42)
      CO ($19.21)
      BTN ($4.98)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.35, fold, BTN calls $0.35, fold, Hero raises to $1.45, UTG+1 calls $1.10, BTN calls $1.10

FLOP ($4.40) K:heart: 5:club: T:heart:

Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, BTN checks

TURN ($4.40) K:heart: 5:club: T:heart: 2:heart:

Hero bets $2.10, UTG+1 calls $2.10, BTN folds

RIVER ($8.60) K:heart: 5:club: T:heart: 2:heart: 8:club:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $4.70, Hero folds

UTG+1 wins $8.03

UTG

BTN
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: UTG is a big fish and we are 150 deep so we should 3-bet/squeeze even larger than 4x here

Postflop: Since we got called in two spots and both have position I don't mind check folding. The flop does hit our perceived range but these guys (esp UTG) will have plenty of broadways.

As played I think we can ck/call the river or bet small. I'd expect UTG to bet some Kx hands on the flop (he bets often) so he is on some missed draw often there.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Yes but i choose the turn because apart from the pp-s that might pay 1 card fds could pay as well, wouldn't you go for it ? Or is it a good move ? You didn't even mention it.

Not sure if we have enough info to cc bluffcatch him on the river but i can't see any value in betting there.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Yes but i choose the turn because apart from the pp-s that might pay 1 card fds could pay as well, wouldn't you go for it ? Or is it a good move ? You didn't even mention it.

Not sure if we have enough info to cc bluffcatch him on the river but i can't see any value in betting there.
      I didn't mention because I thought it was implied in my statement about the river :)

My apologies.

Your turn play is fine because I'd expect almost all better hands to bet the flop with the exception with a few rare Kx. The BTN guy never has anything or he wouldn't check that flop so we are really valuebetting versus the fish.

Unless you expect the fish to check a ton of Kx on the flop or just call flushes on the turn I don't see why we can't bluff catch for 25% pot odds. His range should have plenty of hearts that call the turn and can bluff river.