TURN ($4.60) T:diamond: 7:diamond: T:club: 4:club:

Hero checks, BB bets $6.93 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $4.30

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine. As a side note is BTN a fish as well? Or is he calling a lot of 3bets IP?

Postflop: I'm not a huge fan of cbetting paired boards versus fishy guys OOP, especially in 3-bet pots where our equity isn't the greatest. So check/folding, in my opinion, would not be a huge mistake.

As played there's not much we can do on that turn but check, cry and then fold.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Yeah i c/f could be better , he was obviously unknown and i tend to cbet them til they tell me othervise and it is tempting in a 3bet pot only investing half pot, he may not care much about how he board looks only that he doesn't have a hand which is often here.

BTN
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Yeah i c/f could be better , he was obviously unknown and i tend to cbet them til they tell me othervise and it is tempting in a 3bet pot only investing half pot, he may not care much about how he board looks only that he doesn't have a hand which is often here.

BTN
      Looks like BTN was a good candidate for a 3-bet (thin value with AQo).

While I agree in general with you about the cbet I think that this is a board where fish may not even fold 22 and even though he may be unknown we did 2 fishier moves:

A) cold called a bigger 3-bet
      B) does not have a full stack.