This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 30 14 aq

• Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($10)
      BB ($9.08)
      UTG ($10.61)
      CO ($20.30)
      BTN ($13.75)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: A:club:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1, BB calls $0.90, fold

FLOP ($2.30) T:diamond: 7:diamond: T:club:

Hero bets $1.15, BB calls $1.15

TURN ($4.60) T:diamond: 7:diamond: T:club: 4:club:

Hero checks, BB bets $6.93 (AI), Hero folds

BB wins $4.30

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine. As a side note is BTN a fish as well? Or is he calling a lot of 3bets IP?

Postflop: I'm not a huge fan of cbetting paired boards versus fishy guys OOP, especially in 3-bet pots where our equity isn't the greatest. So check/folding, in my opinion, would not be a huge mistake.

As played there's not much we can do on that turn but check, cry and then fold.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Yeah i c/f could be better , he was obviously unknown and i tend to cbet them til they tell me othervise and it is tempting in a 3bet pot only investing half pot, he may not care much about how he board looks only that he doesn't have a hand which is often here.

BTN
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Yeah i c/f could be better , he was obviously unknown and i tend to cbet them til they tell me othervise and it is tempting in a 3bet pot only investing half pot, he may not care much about how he board looks only that he doesn't have a hand which is often here.

BTN
      Looks like BTN was a good candidate for a 3-bet (thin value with AQo).

While I agree in general with you about the cbet I think that this is a board where fish may not even fold 22 and even though he may be unknown we did 2 fishier moves:

A) cold called a bigger 3-bet
      B) does not have a full stack.