Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.73)
      Hero ($13.80)
      UTG ($7.75)
      CO ($16.46)
      BTN ($5.75)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: A:heart:

fold, CO raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $1.30, CO calls $1, BTN calls $1

FLOP ($3.95) 5:club: Q:heart: 6:club:

Hero checks, CO checks, BTN checks

TURN ($3.95) 5:club: Q:heart: 6:club: 7:club:

Hero bets $2.50, CO calls $2.50, BTN folds

RIVER ($8.95) 5:club: Q:heart: 6:club: 7:club: T:spade:

Hero bets $4.50, CO folds

Hero shows A:diamond: A:heart:

Hero wins $8.36

CO

BTN
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: We are deeper with CO so we can 3-bet/squeeze larger.

Postflop: Neither of them are aggressive so why do we check the flop? We should throw in a valuebet and go from there. We are giving them a chance for free cards unnecessarily.

As played turn can be even bigger because we will get called lighter + most clubs call anyway.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I agree with that but it was a 3bet pot i would not really cbet there as a bluff, maybe with a Ackx but apart from that ackc,qq+ least aq . I imagine it's hard to call junk like 88 there in a multi pot.

How much would you bet on flop 1,5 - 2 ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I agree with that but it was a 3bet pot i would not really cbet there as a bluff, maybe with a Ackx but apart from that ackc,qq+ least aq . I imagine it's hard to call junk like 88 there in a multi pot.

How much would you bet on flop 1,5 - 2 ?
      At least $2 maybe even more since we are deeper and as you said we are betting only for value here anyway.

The fact that we don't have bluffs in our range shouldn't matter here. If villain(s) have a hand that can continue, especially Qx and draws we want max value from them. And we may get called by pairs as well especially by the fishier guy.

I think it's a big mistake to check that flop there with two passive guys behind.