[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH, 88 3-way

• dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (6 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP ($1.14)
      SB ($3.78)
      Button ($2.47)
      Hero (UTG) ($4.08)
      CO ($2.84)
      BB ($4.23)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8:heart: , 8:club:
      Hero bets $0.16, 2 folds, Button calls $0.16, 1 fold, BB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.50) 6:diamond: , A:diamond: , A:heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.34, 1 fold, BB raises to $4.07 (All-In), Hero folds

BU: 36/5, 15h
      BB: 32/6, AF: 0.9, 203h

PRE
      Standard.

FLOP
      I think, in this spot I often have a best hand, so I take a stab. Would have to c/f otherwise.
  • 5 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is fine.

I prefer check/folding the flop here.
      Both villains has a lot of Ax in their range so I prefer not to cbet here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hi!

Ax is less likely with 2 aces on the flop.
      Would you consider betting the flop a mistake?
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Cbetting that flop is not a mistake if you are HU and you have possition but in this particular spot i would agree with check/folding.

Imagine if you bet and get called by Bu or both guys, any card on turn excepting a 8 will cause you trouble and you won't really know where you at with the hand... are you going to fire again on Qd?( for exemple) into two opponents or being OOP... i think you see where I`m going with this.

I think the main reason not to cbet here is that you are in a multiway pot, in a in-bettween position with a medium strenght hand on a unpromising board.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      cozacu, I agree that HU betting is fine.

My general plan was to end the hand right on the flop. I`m giving up if called.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Of course, the fact that there are two aces on the board makes the probability of them having an ace smaller, but I still think that we don't have enough fold equity (considering we are against two opponents) to justify a bet.