[NL20-NL50] Do i bet 77 on low board oop

• legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.08/$0.16 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $10.32 (64.5 bb)
      SB: $24.77 (154.8 bb)
      BB: $7.71 (48.2 bb)
      Hero (MP): $16 (100 bb)
      CO: $35.51 (221.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7 7
      Hero raises to $0.48, CO folds, BTN calls $0.48, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.20) 5 2 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.64, BTN folds

Results:
      $1.20 pot ($0.05 rake)
      Final Board: 5 2 6
      BTN mucked and lost (-$0.48 net)
      Hero mucked 7 7 and won $1.15 ($0.67 net)

I cbet for value here because i get called by some random broadway hands that he would have in his calling range and some flush draws. Just wondering how i react to different turn cards if villain calls.

Also if i had a non-made hand on this kind of flop how what do i do vs unknown/what should my plan be? usually i would just give up which means i would only be cbetting my pps/flushdraws and maybe some straight draws. it seems like i would be quite prone to a raise or float
  • 2 replies
    • Optroot
      Optroot
      Bronze
      Editted
      With 77 here on the turn (if called), I'm betting any non-spade broadway for two reasons. First it's a card villain thinks we 2nd barrel bluff so we can still get value with 77, and two it makes the river easier to play since it will get checked more often and we can take the free shodown. It would suck if we check turn and the board runs out 526JT and villain bets the river and we have to make a tough decision. Even if the board is just 526J2 it's still not that fun to call a river bet by villain if we check the turn. We can still get value from FDs/SDs/54/33-44 and so on.

On a spade turn, I would probably give up if checked to. Depending on if villain floats with Axo these cards can also be a value bet.

A low card depends on the villain and their range, mostly putting in another value bet though.

On this board, I'm C-betting all Ax all PP and all suited clubs and all suited spades, and anything else that has a pair or draw including weak draws with backdoors. It's very villain dependent though. Vs tight opponents I'm giving up with air because their range has too many PPs. Looser opponents tend to give up on this board too easily.

EDIT: Crap I thought you were IP...
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Just cbet this, there isn't that much value but still your alternative options aren't too good as well.

-We get to take down the dead money in the pot right away if he folds
      -there is some thin value to be had. he calls with 33/44/6X/draws/overcards and I still think we are ahead of his calling range.

We can play c/c on a wide variety of turn cards vs his floats. remember that we don't need to be good more than 35-40% of the time for our c/c to be profitable, based on pot odds.

With overcards, i give up without spades in my hand, and i would probably bet if i had a Ts/Js/Qs/As/Ks in my hand, which not only blocks off flush combos from my opponent's range, but also presents some barreling opportunities on those spade turn cards.

Thanks.