[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH, 4-bet with QQ

• dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP ($2.18)
      SB ($4.27)
      Button ($4)
      Hero (UTG) ($5.36)
      BB ($1.20)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q:club: , Q:heart:
      Hero bets $0.12, 2 folds, SB raises $0.38, 1 fold, Hero raises $0.92, SB raises to $4.27 (All-In), HERO?

Villain: 23/15, tot. 3B: 13%, SB:29%(7), AF: inf, 61h
      *2barrels Ahi in 3B pot

PRE
      As played, my plan was to 4-bet/call shove as he was very active. However, he snap 5-bet. I`m inclined to think, he`s doing it with KK+

As alternate scenario, would it be better to just flat 3-bet and just call him down hence my note? As I recall, I didn`t have the read, when the hand went down.
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

If we don't want to go broke here I prefer flatting the 3bet and playing postflop IP.
      I really wouldn't say that stacking off here will be bad.

Best,
      Plamen
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hi!

So villains insta 5-bet should not ever change our previous decision to go broke?
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      That 3bet stat is not really relevant for 61hands only.

If you decide to go broke PF it's up to you(usually it`s standard to go with QQ on SH tables unless he is a relly big nit)... i might consider flating simply because he 3bet-ed my UTG open from where my range is stronger than any other possition, and see how it goes post flop because i have possition. If he likes to fire away his money it's even better to just call.

When he insta shoved vs a 4bet he will likely have AKs,AKo,QQ+. Unless you saw him doing other monkey shoving with junk you can asume that's pretty much his range.... with all that said you still have to call.

There is a simple rule(exception is when you are deep stacked) you never 4bet/fold QQ or AK. Going broke it's variance heavy but you can still hope for JJ everynow and then in his range.

So there is no 4bet/folding, him insta shoving won't change our decision.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, the fact that he insta shoves makes me think that he will more likely show up with something like JJ/QQ/AK rather than KK+ so I think it's a call.