This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH, 4-bet with QQ

• dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.04 BB (5 handed) - Party-Poker Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP ($2.18)
      SB ($4.27)
      Button ($4)
      Hero (UTG) ($5.36)
      BB ($1.20)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q:club: , Q:heart:
      Hero bets $0.12, 2 folds, SB raises $0.38, 1 fold, Hero raises $0.92, SB raises to $4.27 (All-In), HERO?

Villain: 23/15, tot. 3B: 13%, SB:29%(7), AF: inf, 61h
      *2barrels Ahi in 3B pot

PRE
      As played, my plan was to 4-bet/call shove as he was very active. However, he snap 5-bet. I`m inclined to think, he`s doing it with KK+

As alternate scenario, would it be better to just flat 3-bet and just call him down hence my note? As I recall, I didn`t have the read, when the hand went down.
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

If we don't want to go broke here I prefer flatting the 3bet and playing postflop IP.
      I really wouldn't say that stacking off here will be bad.

Best,
      Plamen
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hi!

So villains insta 5-bet should not ever change our previous decision to go broke?
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      That 3bet stat is not really relevant for 61hands only.

If you decide to go broke PF it's up to you(usually it`s standard to go with QQ on SH tables unless he is a relly big nit)... i might consider flating simply because he 3bet-ed my UTG open from where my range is stronger than any other possition, and see how it goes post flop because i have possition. If he likes to fire away his money it's even better to just call.

When he insta shoved vs a 4bet he will likely have AKs,AKo,QQ+. Unless you saw him doing other monkey shoving with junk you can asume that's pretty much his range.... with all that said you still have to call.

There is a simple rule(exception is when you are deep stacked) you never 4bet/fold QQ or AK. Going broke it's variance heavy but you can still hope for JJ everynow and then in his range.

So there is no 4bet/folding, him insta shoving won't change our decision.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well, the fact that he insta shoves makes me think that he will more likely show up with something like JJ/QQ/AK rather than KK+ so I think it's a call.