[NL2-NL10] Enough Value Gained from this hand

• Greedyfly
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      5 folds, BU raises to $0.30, SB folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) 2, K, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.65) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($1.65) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, BU calls $1.10.

Final Pot: $3.85.

Do you think leading the turn and shoving the river would have been a better play to extract value or am I scaring away action on that board.
  • 2 replies
    • Dracsharp
      Pre you need to 3bet this all day long, raise to 1.0

Why just call ?

If by some missclick i get in this spot i would c/r the flop Ax could call it anyway and try to play for stacks.
    • mbml

Why are you not 3betting this hand? This is super standard 3bet here, and there is absolutely no reason to slowplay at NL10, given the starting positions. People make the mistake of calling with too many weak hands.

There is also no need to flat monsters from time to time for balance and to strengthen your flop c/r range when you are playing NL10.

Your play is fine for postflop, but you also have the option of checkraising the River as well if you think he takes the bet/check/bet line a lot (which I think he would if he had AX). I would use one of these lines if we were deep.

However, given the 40bb effective stack sizes, I prefer c/r-ing the flop immediately. The stack sizes are smaller and people will stack off light when SPR is lower. I think he rarely puts in more money with worse than an Ace anyway, and he probably stacks off a lot on the flop with AX.