This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH20 - blind defense 2Pair

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze

$0.10/$0.20 No Limit Holdem
      iPoker
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($23.69) 118bb
      CO ($21.75) 109bb
      BTN ($23.42) 117bb
      SB ($21.40) 107bb
      cincinkid (BB) ($20) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 5 players) cincinkid is BB J K
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.40, 1 fold, cincinkid calls $0.20

Flop: J K Q ($0.90, 2 players)
      cincinkid bets $0.90, BTN raises to $1.80, cincinkid raises to $5.80, BTN calls $4

I think there are a lot more draws then straights/sets in his range.

Turn: 2 ($12.50, 2 players)
      cincinkid bets $13.80, BTN calls $13.80

River: 6 ($40.10, 2 players)

Final Pot: $40.10
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

PF: Standard flat here

F: Donking could potentially be a fine play but I think 3betting the Flop is overplaying your hand. He only ships stronger hands here, with a range of combodraws/sets/straights/better two pairs. You are isolating yourself vs better. Do you really think he raises AK/AA here in this spot, especially when you pot the Flop? I don't think so.

I'm not too sure whether you should actually donk though. If he cbets all the time then checking makes way more sense than leading. Then again, I don't really like check/raising this flop and I don't really want to let my opponent check back the Flop so I think leading 3 streets is definitely a good option. He also shouldn't cbet too often when the board is so wet.

T: Turn is a blank, so shove and hope for the best, after you already put so much money into the pot.

Thanks.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Do you really think he raises AK/AA here in this spot, especially when you pot the Flop? I don't think so.
      I think such a player could make such a minraise with AK since he maybe just thinks he hits well.
      I agree that villain would only ship with better hands after my 3B. And from that point of view i can't 3B/call for value.
      But looking at his huge range preflop he could always call with a lot of flushdraws.

So should i just call the flop because i can't go broke and give him a cheap draw to his flushes because my equity is not that great vs his range anyway?