UTG ($23.69) 118bb
      CO ($21.75) 109bb
      BTN ($23.42) 117bb
      SB ($21.40) 107bb
      cincinkid (BB) ($20) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 5 players) cincinkid is BB J K
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.40, 1 fold, cincinkid calls $0.20

Flop: J K Q ($0.90, 2 players)
      cincinkid bets $0.90, BTN raises to $1.80, cincinkid raises to $5.80, BTN calls $4

I think there are a lot more draws then straights/sets in his range.

Turn: 2 ($12.50, 2 players)
      cincinkid bets $13.80, BTN calls $13.80

River: 6 ($40.10, 2 players)

Final Pot: $40.10
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

PF: Standard flat here

F: Donking could potentially be a fine play but I think 3betting the Flop is overplaying your hand. He only ships stronger hands here, with a range of combodraws/sets/straights/better two pairs. You are isolating yourself vs better. Do you really think he raises AK/AA here in this spot, especially when you pot the Flop? I don't think so.

I'm not too sure whether you should actually donk though. If he cbets all the time then checking makes way more sense than leading. Then again, I don't really like check/raising this flop and I don't really want to let my opponent check back the Flop so I think leading 3 streets is definitely a good option. He also shouldn't cbet too often when the board is so wet.

T: Turn is a blank, so shove and hope for the best, after you already put so much money into the pot.

Thanks.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Do you really think he raises AK/AA here in this spot, especially when you pot the Flop? I don't think so.
      I think such a player could make such a minraise with AK since he maybe just thinks he hits well.
      I agree that villain would only ship with better hands after my 3B. And from that point of view i can't 3B/call for value.
      But looking at his huge range preflop he could always call with a lot of flushdraws.

So should i just call the flop because i can't go broke and give him a cheap draw to his flushes because my equity is not that great vs his range anyway?