[NL2-NL10] Qd2c in bb turned FD

• zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      Hi,

Here is a classic BB situation.
      I am sorry for posting the hand in this format but every time I put it through the converter it comes out all wrong.
      Basically I get involved as I check my BB. It checks round again and I catch a piece of something on the turn. I'm now facing a pot sized bet which leaves me with a flush draw and around 18% equity if all my outs are clean and 13 outs and around 26% equity if I am to count the 10s for the straight draw.
      I am getting 2 to 1 pot odds which means I need 33% equity but decide to call as I feel my implied odds come into play here.
      I hit my flush and bet half pot and get a call. Are my numbers correct for equities etc??

First of all is my call on the turn correct?? And second, is my river bet big enough to compensate for the times I miss my draw regarding implied odds?? ie. what extra $ or % do I have to make on the river when I hit?

Sorry about the format once again I've tried it loads of times with no luck but really thought this was quite a good hand to learn from. I left the villains hand at the end as I think it also adds more interest to the hand regarding me not really thinking about him already making his flush!

Thanks,
      Zach

Full Tilt Poker Game #31996671012: Table Cartmore - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 20:43:45 WET - 2013/01/29 [15:43:45 ET - 2013/01/29]
      Seat 1: BTN ($15.46)
      Seat 2: SB ($10.87)
      Seat 3: Hero in BB ($11.46)
      Seat 4: ($6.30)
      Seat 5: ($6.88)
      Seat 6: ($10)
      Seat 7: ($10)
      Seat 8: ($10.58)
      Seat 9: Villain in CO ($4)
      SB posts the small blind of $0.05
      Hero posts the big blind of $0.10
      villain posts $0.10
      The button is in seat #1
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to Hero [2c Qd]
      UTG folds
      UTG1 has 15 seconds left to act
      UGT! calls $0.10
      MP1 folds
      MP2 folds
      villain checks
      BTN folds
      SB folds
      Hero has 15 seconds left to act
      Hero checks
      *** FLOP *** [Ks Ad 7d] (Total Pot: $0.35, 3 Players)
      Hero checks
      UTG checks
      Villain checks
      *** TURN *** [Ks Ad 7d] [Jd] (Total Pot: $0.35, 3 Players)
      Hero checks
      UTG checks
      Villain bets $0.30
      Hero has requested TIME
      Hero calls $0.30
      UTG folds
      *** RIVER *** [Ks Ad 7d Jd] [6d] (Total Pot: $0.95, 2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.47
      Villian calls $0.47
      *** SHOW DOWN ***
      Hero shows [2c Qd] a flush, Ace high
      Villain mucks
      Villain wins the pot ($1.77) with a flush, Ace high
      *** SUMMARY ***
      Total pot $1.89 | Rake $0.12
      Board: [Ks Ad 7d Jd 6d]
      Seat 9: Villain mucked [9d 8d] - a flush, Ace high
  • 5 replies
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I don't think you have the implied because whatever you will hit it will be very hard to make him pay, sure if he calls every time a half pot bet when you hit than you have a somewhat better than marginal call but i doubt it.

Btw i prefer leading the turn much more than c/c, the might just fold and we have some eq too.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Zachrina,

There are a few problems with this hand.

First, we don't have the NFD so we can have reverse implied odds. We can also have reverse implied odds if we hit the straight and he has the flush (like here).

Second, the flush will put four of the same colour on the board which again reduces our implied odds.

So with 2 ppl in the pot and being a limped I actually go for a simple ck/fold. I disagree with Dracs bet option because villains can have a lot that calls and we can't really continue on the river unimproved (our equity is poor at best).
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I didn't meant to say i would bet, just betting is by far better than c/c, i would still c/f unless they like folding a lot.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I didn't meant to say i would bet, just betting is by far better than c/c, i would still c/f unless they like folding a lot.
      Oh ok, that makes sense and I agree with you.

Ck/calling is usually burning money in a spot like this.
    • zachrina
      zachrina
      Bronze
      Thanks guys for all your help/views.
      Yes I do agree but maybe thought it was also an attempt at a positional steal from villain. Even so I still should have folded.
      We will get ourselves into these situations in the BB eh!

Thanks,
      Zach