BB: 128 BB
      UTG: 129.4 BB
      MP: 76.5 BB
      Hero (CO): 100 BB
      BTN: 98.3 BB
      SB: 49.1 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:club: J:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BB raises to 9 BB, Hero calls 6 BB

Flop: (18.5 BB, 2 players) T:heart: 7:heart: 8:club:
      BB bets 18.5 BB, fold

BB wins 17.3 BB

11 hands on him. Flop bet looks as pure value protection bet with QQ+.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: without history just calling is fine.

Postflop: I don't necessarily agree that his bet is for pure value. It's a very polarized range there and people rarely bet pot with their big hands in 3-bet pots.

So I would would consider calling or raising here.

On average, how much do you see people cbet, in 3-bet pots, with their strong hands?
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: without history just calling is fine.

Postflop: I don't necessarily agree that his bet is for pure value. It's a very polarized range there and people rarely bet pot with their big hands in 3-bet pots.

So I would would consider calling or raising here.

On average, how much do you see people cbet, in 3-bet pots, with their strong hands?
      Well, if he QQ+, this board is horrible for him, fd and straight draw are possible, so many bad turn cards, so I think I would play here with QQ+ bet nearly pot size (as he did) or even check raise (or push to look as bluff). I think the only worse hand which I can hope he has is a draw, but against draw my equity is also not great.
      What would you do when you raise him on flop, and he calls? Or if he pushes? Do you expect it to be +EV?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb

Well, if he QQ+, this board is horrible for him, fd and straight draw are possible, so many bad turn cards, so I think I would play here with QQ+ bet nearly pot size (as he did) or even check raise (or push to look as bluff). I think the only worse hand which I can hope he has is a draw, but against draw my equity is also not great.
      What would you do when you raise him on flop, and he calls? Or if he pushes? Do you expect it to be +EV?
      This is a 3-bet pot so we shouldn't expect that many draws so I don't see a ton of people potting there with their nuts. Of course at the lower limits it's still possible because people are paranoid with protecting their big hand.

The safer route is definitely folding (and I don't think it's a huge mistake versus unknown) but I think that we can call at least one street and i wouldn't raise unless we plan to go broke.