[NL2-NL10] AJ iso r

    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.12.2007 Posts: 2,020
      no hud, speed, unknowns.

      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.79)
      Hero ($19.62)
      UTG ($5.79)
      UTG+1 ($8.18)
      CO ($13.61)
      BTN ($9.85)

      Dealt to Hero J:heart: A:heart:

      UTG calls $0.10, fold, fold, fold, SB calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.60, UTG calls $0.50, fold

      FLOP ($1.30) 9:spade: 2:club: A:diamond:

      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

      TURN ($3.10) 9:spade: 2:club: A:diamond: 9:club:

      Hero checks, UTG bets $1.30, Hero calls $1.30

      RIVER ($5.70) 9:spade: 2:club: A:diamond: 9:club: 6:spade:

      Hero checks, UTG bets $2.99 (AI), Hero calls $2.99

      Hero shows J:heart: A:heart:
      (Pre 63%, Flop 93.9%, Turn 100.0%)

      UTG shows 6:diamond: K:diamond:
      (Pre 37%, Flop 6.1%, Turn 0.0%)

      Hero wins $10.91


      I don't cbet because board is super dry and he folds every hand.

      On T I was thinking of betting but in the end I went for slowplay all the way. I wanted to c/r but when he bets so small my play does look strong so I just call :f_confused: .

      River shove would be better and I don't know what was I thinking. He never bets middle PP and weaker Ax. When I see him 3 barreling I think he might have some 9x or even Ax but AK/AQ are usually not played this way so it was snap call for me.

      I totally misplayed this hand. Against normal opponent I wouldn't get much value with my line.

      Is it better to cbet/ c turn/bet river or bet-bet-bet formula comes into play :D
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Hi Yax,

      Preflop: looks perfectly fine

      Postflop: You say that villains are unknown and then claim that he folds often to cbets? Which one is it? Or were you referring in general?

      Fishy limper guys have a ton of Ax hands in their range that we can get value from and other pairs. We also wouldn't cbet pot or even 2/3 here but rather 1/2 and that gives him a chance to call with a lot more.

      So against unknowns we should go with the standard of betting small 3-streets.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.12.2007 Posts: 2,020
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Postflop: You say that villains are unknown and then claim that he folds often to cbets? Which one is it? Or were you referring in general?

      Fishy limper guys have a ton of Ax hands in their range that we can get value from and other pairs. We also wouldn't cbet pot or even 2/3 here but rather 1/2 and that gives him a chance to call with a lot more.
      In general. All of his KQ, QJ, KJ, smaller PP...

      Will try not to make "not standard" plays in the future:)

      Tnx for you help.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Postflop: You say that villains are unknown and then claim that he folds often to cbets? Which one is it? Or were you referring in general?

      Fishy limper guys have a ton of Ax hands in their range that we can get value from and other pairs. We also wouldn't cbet pot or even 2/3 here but rather 1/2 and that gives him a chance to call with a lot more.
      In general. All of his KQ, QJ, KJ, smaller PP...

      Will try not to make "not standard" plays in the future:)

      Tnx for you help.
      Non standard is good when you have info and you deviate to increase your EV.

      In this case we have 0 info other than he is short and board is dry.

      So we can bet small and even kx can float.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Joined: 24.12.2007 Posts: 2,020
      Originally posted by BogdanPS

      Non standard is good when you have info and you deviate to increase your EV.

      In this case we have 0 info other than he is short and board is dry.

      So we can bet small and even kx can float.
      Ok, will have that in mind. Play just abc until opponents give me something to change that:)

      You should charge for this lessons...feel like first grader :D
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Joined: 12.05.2010 Posts: 27,588
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      Ok, will have that in mind. Play just abc until opponents give me something to change that:)

      You should charge for this lessons...feel like first grader :D
      Yeh, strong ABC though not random ABC :)

      And you already have a solid idea for that so you can go with it. Remember we want to play our value hands for pure value until we have a reason to deviate. Value betting properly is the most important thing you can learn at these limits.