UTG+1 ($11.53)
      CO ($15.41)
      Hero ($11.75)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: 9:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.75) 2:club: A:club: 2:diamond:

UTG checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.75) 2:club: A:club: 2:diamond: T:heart:

UTG bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, UTG raises to $0.90, Hero calls $0.40

RIVER ($2.55) 2:club: A:club: 2:diamond: T:heart: J:heart:

UTG bets $1.60, Hero calls $1.60

UTG shows A:diamond: 2:spade:
      (Pre 31%, Flop 97.4%, Turn 98.9%)

Hero shows A:spade: 9:spade:
      (Pre 69%, Flop 2.6%, Turn 1.1%)

UTG wins $5.37

Why I didn't isor pre? He calls too much and my hand doesn't play so good against his range of broadway hands.

Flop I c behind to let him hit K, Q, J, T. My plan is to bet turn and river.

Turn bet is easy raise but when he min raise me I wasn't sure what's going on. He gives me nice price to continue. At that time I was almost certain to call the river too since might do it with some weird hands.

On the R KQ came, AT, AJ are there...so all I beat is bluff. I guess this is a must fold.

Next time 3b him or fold preflop I guess:)
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: Unless villain opens really loose I would reconsider calling that preflop vs his UTG range. Of course after we see his hand we realize that he most likely opens any Ax hand so calling would become fine.

Postflop: As played I don't mind betting the flop there so we don't give free cards to his draws and get value from pairs.

As played min bet/min 3-bet is usually a strong hand and he can still have flop slowplays or TT that hit turn so unless we've seen him play aggro so far I'd be tempted to fold because bet/3-bet from a fishy guy is rarely a bluff.

But I still think that the flop should be a bet.