[NL2-NL10] KK deep stack

• yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      no hud, speed,
      villain is somewhat tightish reg (HM 18/11/4,1 3b - if I knew that while playing I wouldn't go for 4b)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4.89)
      BB ($5)
      Hero ($17.88)
      UTG+1 ($4)
      CO ($17.72)
      BTN ($4.20)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: K:club:

Hero raises to $0.30, fold, CO raises to $1.05, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.65, CO calls $1.60

FLOP ($5.45) 7:spade: 8:club: A:spade:

Hero checks, CO checks

TURN ($5.45) 7:spade: 8:club: A:spade: 2:spade:

Hero bets $2.90, CO calls $2.90

RIVER ($11.25) 7:spade: 8:club: A:spade: 2:spade: J:club:

Hero checks, CO checks

Hero shows K:diamond: K:club:
      (Pre 82%, Flop 91.6%, Turn 95.5%)

CO shows Q:heart: Q:club:
      (Pre 18%, Flop 8.4%, Turn 4.5%)

Hero wins $10.50

We're deep and we have history. I decide to build the pot preflop because I'm OOP and I wasn't aware of his super tight stats.

I was completely lost in this position. I do think flop c is ok. On turn I should bet a bit more.

On the R I just c because he might raise with AA, JJ, flush (not so likely, because I see PP and AK in his range). Problem with betting is I beat only QQ here. I wanted to bet $5,10 but then he can shove over me and I have to fold. If I bet small $3,50 he may make some move again.
      River play is bet/fold despite all of this?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: Against a tight guy it's much closer to a 4-bet/fold but I don't mind the 4-bet because we can expect a lot of calls from weaker hands.

What type of history did we have?

Postflop: Our history would be important here but I agree that a bet on this flop doesn't have a ton of value unless he has a really wide 4-bet calling range but then he'd have more Ax hands.

Do you expect him to check back the flop with Ax hands? If not we can probably squeeze some more value on the river but it would be thin because JJ is also part of his range. Once we check it's a ck/fold most of the time.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: Against a tight guy it's much closer to a 4-bet/fold but I don't mind the 4-bet because we can expect a lot of calls from weaker hands.

What type of history did we have?

Postflop: Our history would be important here but I agree that a bet on this flop doesn't have a ton of value unless he has a really wide 4-bet calling range but then he'd have more Ax hands.

Do you expect him to check back the flop with Ax hands? If not we can probably squeeze some more value on the river but it would be thin because JJ is also part of his range. Once we check it's a ck/fold most of the time.
      He's more of c/c guy so somewhat passive. He doesn't do crazy stuff - normal betting, barreling, does go broke easily with TPTK on many boards. Don't have him figured it out just some tendencies...passive and c/c a lot.

Since he has position he could slowplay Ax hands. Especially when turn comes another spade he might take safer path with only calling. If I bet on the R and he raises that's the easiest fold. I'm not sure whether he bets anything other than monster if I go for c. I picked c because it was easier way out because he might c behind.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      He's more of c/c guy so somewhat passive. He doesn't do crazy stuff - normal betting, barreling, does go broke easily with TPTK on many boards. Don't have him figured it out just some tendencies...passive and c/c a lot.

Since he has position he could slowplay Ax hands. Especially when turn comes another spade he might take safer path with only calling. If I bet on the R and he raises that's the easiest fold. I'm not sure whether he bets anything other than monster if I go for c. I picked c because it was easier way out because he might c behind.
      Yeh, some people check back AQ/AK there due to fear of being raised and for pot control so I agree with you that he has some of those in his range.

And we also don't know if he is capable of calling QQ to another bet. So check folding is fine.