[NL2-NL10] JTs

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Villain floats a lot against me ( in particular) tries to take down pot IP on turn /river a lot by overbetting. He's done this move a few times, his range is polarised and I think more often than not he has a busted draw, I checked partially to induce his shove because I was half expecting it.

Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (MP
      CO: $10.72 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 3.0, Hands: 87
      BTN: $6.44 - VPIP: 58, PFR: 19, 3B: 0, AF: 1.5, Hands: 31
      SB: $10.00 - VPIP: 2, PFR: 2, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 42
      BB: $13.79 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 17, 3B: 9, AF: 0.0, Hands: 54
      UTG: $10.00 - VPIP: 14, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 87

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP with J:club: T:club:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $0.30, 1 fold, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 4:club: J:diamond: 3:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, BTN calls $0.45

Turn: ($1.65) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, BTN calls $1

River: ($3.65) Q:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.69, Hero calls $4.69

Final Pot: $13.03
      Hero shows J:club: T:club:
      BTN shows 4:diamond: 8:diamond:
      Hero wins $12.44
      (Rake: $0.59)
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I don't mind raising JTs from MP as long as you think you can play this profitably.

On the flop betting is good.

If you think he floats a lot you can just check/call here on the turn.

What concerns me on the river is that there aren't many busted draws but if you think your information is plausible then I don't mind your play.

Best,
      Plamen
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Preflop I don't mind raising JTs from MP as long as you think you can play this profitably.

On the flop betting is good.

If you think he floats a lot you can just check/call here on the turn.

What concerns me on the river is that there aren't many busted draws but if you think your information is plausible then I don't mind your play.

Best,
      Plamen
      I think at this table I can play a slightly wider range at least, table is a bit nitty with one fish who I don't mind playing against with more hands.
      Villain is a whale so he could do this with a lot of hands I think, generally doesn't know what to do with his hands post flop.
      If I remember correctly we also had some history in this game with him trying to fold me out of hands and I'm still ahead on the river vs. his range on this board.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Largely agree with kyumpa here. Turn is a c/c, there aren't too many worse JX hands in his range which can call you. You need to know whether he calls with all his 2ndpair type of hands. If he doesn't, then you cannot value bet the Turn.

I don't see too many hands you are beating here, and he could easily have QJ. Without him having floats in his range, I think his betting range on the River is largely hands that are better than ours (QJ and sets).

You should probably c/f the River without any reads. If you know that he's a random fish who calls and bets with all sorts of garbage, then technically the Q should freeze up action with his JX hands like AJ/KJ. He would be really polarized here between QX/sets/straights and random air so c/c may become an option.

Thanks.