SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($8.20) J:diamond: 5:club: Q:heart: Q:spade: T:heart:

SB bets $5.90, Hero calls $5.90

SB shows A:spade: K:spade:
      (Pre 35%, Flop 28.1%, Turn 15.9%)

Hero shows K:heart: K:club:
      (Pre 65%, Flop 71.9%, Turn 84.1%)

SB wins $18.67

Villain is reg but not super tag but a bit looser (HM says 30/22/9,2 3b - so that's looser than I thought).

I raise small since he can shove over me with AQ or call with some KT, KQ kind of hand. My plan was to raise turn or bet big on any card other than A...Q comes and I'm like :f_confused: Wanted to bet, no, how much, not to look weak, but not too much to be able to get away from the hand...and I timed out. :f_frown:

River donk is super strong and calling there is just throwing away 60bb.

The only question is turn action. When another Q comes that's an auto bet right? Was thinking about making it $3,90.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: We should start discussing the hand here and I don't see why you have just called KK here versus him. So why did we do it?

As played what his range on that river? What do we beat that bet/calls the flop?
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Yax,

Preflop: We should start discussing the hand here and I don't see why you have just called KK here versus him. So why did we do it?
      People on NL10 seem to 3b lighter than they used to but they play is only 3b/5b or fold. And this guy seemed one of those who 3b lighter and since I have position I could build up the pot postflop.

Argument against is that he made it higher than normal $1 but still I thought I can stack him postflop.

Originally posted by BogdanPSAs played what his range on that river? What do we beat that bet/calls the flop?
      Like I said, river is just stupid play.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by yaxkukmian
      Hi Yax,

People on NL10 seem to 3b lighter than they used to but they play is only 3b/5b or fold. And this guy seemed one of those who 3b lighter and since I have position I could build up the pot postflop.

Argument against is that he made it higher than normal $1 but still I thought I can stack him postflop.

Originally posted by BogdanPSAs played what his range on that river? What do we beat that bet/calls the flop?
      Like I said, river is just stupid play.
      Yeh so as played river is a fold.

Preflop is questionable because you don't have a lot of info on the guy. You are trying to make an adjustment that's based on villains postflop play (can we make more from him barreling, etc.). By default I would 4-bet here for value and expect him to stack off with JJ+, AK often and we are collecting money from AK a lot more because postflop it rarely hits especially since we have 2 Kx.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze

Preflop is questionable because you don't have a lot of info on the guy. You are trying to make an adjustment that's based on villains postflop play (can we make more from him barreling, etc.). By default I would 4-bet here for value and expect him to stack off with JJ+, AK often and we are collecting money from AK a lot more because postflop it rarely hits especially since we have 2 Kx.
      There are 10-15 players against I play every day and I call them everyday regs (I have more marked as regs but those are "just regs" not "everyday regs"). Against them I don't play every hand straight forward. I do 4b but also do call 3b if in position. I know it's easier to play abc but I have to throw in also some play like this. Slowplaying is sth I really try to delete from my repertoire and in this case I had the plan which didn't work but I learned sth.

Tnx for your comments and help.