This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] JJ vs min raiser

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Villain makes a lot of mistakes, including frequent min-raises preflop, so I think my 4-bet is okay and I made it with the intention of him calling not folding. I bet 1/2 pot to hopefully induce some kind of raise, he probably thinks my 4b preflop is a bluff and I've seen him shove TP+ postflop. Most his min raises have been suited connectors/suited high card x hands, 45 is a possibility but probably only 45s or a set for monsters here. QQ+ as well although I think he's getting that in preflop and 3-betting bigger.

Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $18.31
      MP: $16.59 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 3.0, Hands: 87
      CO: $15.73 - VPIP: 80, PFR: 25, 3B: 14, AF: 1.8, Hands: 44
      BTN: $9.95 - VPIP: 9, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 11
      SB: $12.15 - VPIP: 42, PFR: 24, 3B: 13, AF: 2.0, Hands: 45
      BB: $10.17 - VPIP: 14, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 87

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with J:club: J:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP calls $0.30, CO raises to $0.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.80, 1 fold, CO calls $1.30

Flop: ($4.05) 6:diamond: 3:spade: 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, CO raises to $13.93, Hero calls $11.93

Turn: ($31.91) K:club: (2 players)

River: ($31.91) 7:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $31.91
      Hero shows J:club: J:diamond:
      CO shows 6:spade: A:spade:
      Hero wins $30.47
      (Rake: $1.44)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: 4-bet for value looks fine and since we are deeper we should expect a lot more calls so we can consider making it larger. I still feel that 150 BB deep we have to fold to a shove (unless he has been seen shoving light).

Postflop: The flop is an easy bet/call IMO given the fact that most of his strong hands would most likely min raise or just call.

And since you've seen him overvalue TP or overpairs I like our play. Well done.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: 4-bet for value looks fine and since we are deeper we should expect a lot more calls so we can consider making it larger. I still feel that 150 BB deep we have to fold to a shove (unless he has been seen shoving light).

Postflop: The flop is an easy bet/call IMO given the fact that most of his strong hands would most likely min raise or just call.

Thanks, I think I would consider calling a shove, would be a close call though. Given he overplays his hands in general and min-raises a lot preflop he could be stacking off pretty light preflop? Like AQs+ AKo 88+ maybe but even then I'm flipping vs. his range with only a 2% edge.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by sketchzr
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Sketchzr,

Thanks, I think I would consider calling a shove, would be a close call though. Given he overplays his hands in general and min-raises a lot preflop he could be stacking off pretty light preflop? Like AQs+ AKo 88+ maybe but even then I'm flipping vs. his range with only a 2% edge.
      We haven't actually seen him overplay although we can assume he might. And since even based on this assumption our equity is not that great I would look for the fold (because our assumption is hitting towards best case scenario).