This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 56s against fish in 3bet

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 45.4 BB
      UTG: 95.4 BB
      Hero (MP): 114.7 BB
      CO: 40.5 BB
      BTN: 36.4 BB
      SB: 120.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 5:spade: 6:spade:

UTG raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 8 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls 6 BB

Flop: (17.5 BB, 2 players) 7:spade: 6:club: 2:heart:
      UTG bets 1 BB, Hero raises to 10.2 BB, UTG calls 9.2 BB

Turn: (37.9 BB, 2 players) 9:heart:
      UTG bets 1 BB, Hero raises to 25 BB, UTG calls 24 BB

River: (87.9 BB, 2 players) 5:club:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 25 BB, fold

Hero shows 5:spade: 6:spade: (Two Pair, Sixes and Fives)
      Hero wins 82.1 BB

120 hands VPiP 23 PFR 12, fold 3bet 57.

Is my bet flop ok after he limps? And turn? I think it is classical fish play when they miss, they want me to call limp which shows I dont have anything. RIver bet?
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Mlatasrb,

Preflop: Since villain is fishy I don't like 3-betting as a bluff versus him. We should rather expend our value range here a lot and reduce/remove our bluffs.

I'd 3-bet 99+, A9s+, AJo+, KQs and maybe add other suited big broadways.

Postflop: As played I agree with the donks being weak hands and they can easily be Ax that he doesn't like to fold.

So your line postflop is fine except that river is a bit thin.

What's your river plan if you brick off?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Fold preflop, or 3bet to a smaller size. I think 56s is pretty weak, and I see no point in making the 3bet so huge unless you think he just check/folds on the Flop so often vs your cbets. You shouldn't be wanting to bloat the pot with 6 high.

Flop: I think a raise is fine, I expect the fish to donk with a wide range of hands and we can put in a value raise.

Turn: This is a bad card, it improves T8 89 T9 etc. I would call the minbet and call some blanks.

River: He can definitely have some 8X hands in his range. I think betting here may be too thin. He's folding his unpaired hands, and I don't see too many TT/JJ/33/44 type of hands in his range as compared to stuff like 89 78 (especially if he plays the offsuit variants).
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      I think I would have to call if he goes all in after my bet, because I am comitted, and sometimes he would try to bluff me off becuase I bet so small, and with straigh I would go all in. But he would probably bet himself with straight so I was not much afraid of straight here.
      What should I do if he goes all in himself? I think I would still call it because he is fish and can show even hand like AJ here often, and I would lose only against 87 which makes sense as he played, I dont need to be afraid of sets and better two pairs because he doesnt go all in with them.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I don't think you need to bet here and get yourself in this spot. We can't even be sure that there is value to be had in the first place, and I think he can have many 8X as mentioned in my previous post.