BB: 45.4 BB
      UTG: 95.4 BB
      Hero (MP): 114.7 BB
      CO: 40.5 BB
      BTN: 36.4 BB
      SB: 120.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 5:spade: 6:spade:

UTG raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 8 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls 6 BB

Flop: (17.5 BB, 2 players) 7:spade: 6:club: 2:heart:
      UTG bets 1 BB, Hero raises to 10.2 BB, UTG calls 9.2 BB

Turn: (37.9 BB, 2 players) 9:heart:
      UTG bets 1 BB, Hero raises to 25 BB, UTG calls 24 BB

River: (87.9 BB, 2 players) 5:club:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 25 BB, fold

Hero shows 5:spade: 6:spade: (Two Pair, Sixes and Fives)
      Hero wins 82.1 BB

120 hands VPiP 23 PFR 12, fold 3bet 57.

Is my bet flop ok after he limps? And turn? I think it is classical fish play when they miss, they want me to call limp which shows I dont have anything. RIver bet?
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Mlatasrb,

Preflop: Since villain is fishy I don't like 3-betting as a bluff versus him. We should rather expend our value range here a lot and reduce/remove our bluffs.

I'd 3-bet 99+, A9s+, AJo+, KQs and maybe add other suited big broadways.

Postflop: As played I agree with the donks being weak hands and they can easily be Ax that he doesn't like to fold.

So your line postflop is fine except that river is a bit thin.

What's your river plan if you brick off?
    • mbml

Fold preflop, or 3bet to a smaller size. I think 56s is pretty weak, and I see no point in making the 3bet so huge unless you think he just check/folds on the Flop so often vs your cbets. You shouldn't be wanting to bloat the pot with 6 high.

Flop: I think a raise is fine, I expect the fish to donk with a wide range of hands and we can put in a value raise.

Turn: This is a bad card, it improves T8 89 T9 etc. I would call the minbet and call some blanks.

River: He can definitely have some 8X hands in his range. I think betting here may be too thin. He's folding his unpaired hands, and I don't see too many TT/JJ/33/44 type of hands in his range as compared to stuff like 89 78 (especially if he plays the offsuit variants).
    • mlatasrb
      I think I would have to call if he goes all in after my bet, because I am comitted, and sometimes he would try to bluff me off becuase I bet so small, and with straigh I would go all in. But he would probably bet himself with straight so I was not much afraid of straight here.
      What should I do if he goes all in himself? I think I would still call it because he is fish and can show even hand like AJ here often, and I would lose only against 87 which makes sense as he played, I dont need to be afraid of sets and better two pairs because he doesnt go all in with them.
    • mbml
      I don't think you need to bet here and get yourself in this spot. We can't even be sure that there is value to be had in the first place, and I think he can have many 8X as mentioned in my previous post.