$26.44
      MP2:
      $23.47
      MP3:
      $41.31
      CO:
      $77.25

Preflop: Hero is SB with T, Q.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.50, BU folds, Hero raises to $1.70, BB folds, CO calls $1.20.

Flop: ($3.65) 3, K, 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, CO calls $2.00.

Turn: ($7.65) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($7.65) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: $7.65.

206 hands vpip27 pfr24 af4,8 wtsd19 w$SD40 fold to 3BET 57  call to 3 BET 29  4BET14,3    fold to CB 50 in 3 bet pot        
      should I second barrel on the turn?
  • 8 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi daisuke,

Preflop: similarly to the other 3-bet hands we don't really want to 3-bet hands that are easily dominated by his calling range. And since the raise/3-bet are on the smaller size we can expect him to call often IP.

So for me this would be more of a call rather than 3-bet.

Postflop: As played if we barrel turn we have to consider betting the river as well because I doubt he folds pairs to a second barrel there.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi daisuke,

Preflop: similarly to the other 3-bet hands we don't really want to 3-bet hands that are easily dominated by his calling range. And since the raise/3-bet are on the smaller size we can expect him to call often IP.

Postflop: As played if we barrel turn we have to consider betting the river as well because I doubt he folds pairs to a second barrel there.
      the hands I should call from SB are QTs,QJs,JTs,97s?
      I was reraising them from SB,call is better?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by daisuke3823
      Hi daisuke,

It depends on how often they raise and how often you expect them to call 3-bets (and based on BB). If BB is aggro we can fold more of these hands.

97s (and lower connecters) may be better for 3-bets in spots where we are dominated if we 3-bet higher cards.

QJs is fine to 3-bet when we can do it for thin value (villain calls a lot of dominated hands as well).
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Hi daisuke,

It depends on how often they raise and how often you expect them to call 3-bets (and based on BB). If BB is aggro we can fold more of these hands.

97s (and lower connecters) may be better for 3-bets in spots where we are dominated if we 3-bet higher cards.

QJs is fine to 3-bet when we can do it for thin value (villain calls a lot of dominated hands as well).

if fold to 3 bet is high ,fold to cb in 3 bet pot is high,I can 3 bet and if 4 bet % is high ,and fold to cb in 3 bet pot is low, fold is okey?

against unknown, QJs is reraise and other hands are fold?
    • Anger86
      Anger86
      Bronze
      IMO they can sometimes call down with smthg like 88-JJ there (Ofc - KQo, KQs-KTs).
      Even some of the tightest ppl has problem folding in 3bet pots especially, if it would be KKxr - different a bit.

But it really is like, if we bet the turn we have to bet the River as well.
      They are like telling themselves: "I'm calling turn, but giving up on R shove w/ 99 on Kxx."

It's like, if we are 100 bbs, then bet 1/2 flop, 1/2 turn and we have about PSB on the river for great folding equity.

Their ranges are pretty much face up, since from my experience they almost always raise Kx hands on the Turn or River.

I'm 3-barreling this anyway since opponents range is way more face up than mine. I have a draw potential as well.

If they happen to call all 3bar with 99, then next time I'd bet/bet/bet my weaker Kx hands in a similar spots. Can be variance heavy though.

Also if that happens early in the session, it might work pretty well for image.

Still, if his range on River would be:
      KQo, KQs-KTs = 24 combos.
      88-JJ = 24 combos

Getting 50 % fold equity with PSB is kind of breakeven, but considering
      my read, that they raise Kx hands earlier in the hand. Then FEQ gets better.

Also they might raise KQs, KQo on the flop or turn. Then it would be 75% FEQ on the river with PSB left, which is printing money.

EDIT: FEQ - assuming the call all Kx hands, but fold PP's.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      if fold to 3 bet is high ,fold to cb in 3 bet pot is high,I can 3 bet and if 4 bet % is high ,and fold to cb in 3 bet pot is low, fold is okey?

• daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze

• BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic

If fold to 3-bet is high and they rarely call we should 3-bet more hands with blockers and we have a polarized range (with less value).

If they call a lot of 3-bets and they fold postflop to cbets we still want some playability for our hands for the times we do get called. So suited connectors (like 78s) or suited gappers (like 97s) are good examples.

And yes if they 4-bet a lot and call a lot we don't want to 3-bet too much junk and we'd have to expend the value range.