This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] hands I can call from MP,CO

• daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

ハンドをプレーする

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Known players:
      BU:
      $28.48
      SB:
      $59.91
      BB:
      $27.65
      MP2:
      $39.14
      MP3 (Hero):
      $27.06
      CO:
      $35.28

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T, Q.
      MP2 raises to $0.50, 2 folds, BU calls $0.50, SB folds, BB calls $0.25.

Flop: ($1.6) K, J, J (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, BU bets $0.80, BB calls $0.80, MP2 calls $0.80.

Turn: ($4) Q (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, BU bets $2.50, BB folds, MP2 calls $2.50.

River: ($9) 5 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, BU bets $5.80, MP2 calls $5.80.

Final Pot: $20.6.

13 hands vpip8 pfr8
      can I call here? hwo about JQs,9Js,87s?
      I sometimes call here if blinds are fish
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Daisuke,

Preflop: it depends on who the villains are (behind us) because we are giving away the strength of our hand with a call (meaning that we rarely ever have a strong hand). But with not so aggro guys behind or fishy guys we can still call this and QJ. The lower connectors/gappers are also ok to play but those hands rely more on implied odds so having fish behind would be best.

In this particular case we can consider 3-betting as a bluff to try and take the pot down because a min raise from UTG is generally weak.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Daisuke,

Preflop: it depends on who the villains are (behind us) because we are giving away the strength of our hand with a call (meaning that we rarely ever have a strong hand). But with not so aggro guys behind or fishy guys we can still call this and QJ. The lower connectors/gappers are also ok to play but those hands rely more on implied odds so having fish behind would be best.

In this particular case we can consider 3-betting as a bluff to try and take the pot down because a min raise from UTG is generally weak.

bluff reraise size is $1.8?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by daisuke3823
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Daisuke,

bluff reraise size is $1.8?
      Normally I'd go around $2 (8 BB) in a spot like this. I 3-bet to 8-10 BB IP and roughly 9-12 BB OOP.