SB ($1.83)
      BB ($1.43)
      UTG ($2.09)
      UTG+1 ($1.81)
      UTG+2 ($0.97)
      Hero ($2.52)
      BTN ($1.97)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: Q:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, fold, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.08

FLOP ($0.23) 2:diamond: 6:spade: A:spade:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.15, UTG+1 calls $0.15

dry flop thought he had nothing...so I bet .15

TURN ($0.53) 2:diamond: 6:spade: A:spade: 5:diamond:

UTG+1 bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

i thought i will fold but then got tempted, didn't think he had an ace from start...so continued the hand.

RIVER ($0.93) 2:diamond: 6:spade: A:spade: 5:diamond: 6:diamond:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.62, UTG+1 calls $0.62

Hero shows K:diamond: Q:diamond:
      (Pre 44%, Flop 6.5%, Turn 18.2%)

UTG+1 shows A:diamond: 5:spade:
      (Pre 56%, Flop 93.5%, Turn 81.8%)

Hero wins $2.03
  • 3 replies
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Yes you did, flop is standard cbet unless he is never folding, turn we have an odds call, and river a good sized bet for his ace.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

PF and F is standard.

Turn decision is between raise and call. I think he mostly has AX here and he never folds when he leads. He reps some flush draws, some AX, and 2pairs like 56/A5. Given the odds we should just call and hope to hit.

On the river, he either has a bluff catcher or he doesn't. I think he will still c/c vs a larger bet size so I would bet slightly larger to 80c.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      The hand is fine but your thinking is not.

On flop you say, dry flop thought he had nothing so bet. How do you come to that conclusion? Yes he can't rep a lot of Ax hands but you can't make a stubborn decision and stick to it. You didn't give a reason as to why you think he has nothing.

On the turn you again say you don't think he has an ace from the start. He called your flop cbet which means a lot of things but one of them is an Ax hand that he check/called with.

My reasoning would be something like this,

Preflop: You isolate a limper and have position. You plan to cbet when you hit pair+, flush draw/straight draw or when the flop is dry.

Flop: You didn't hit anything but you can represent an ace so you cbet. That doesn't mean he can't have an Ax hand, you can't completely rule out that possibility. So you cbet flop to win the hand right away, he calls so now his range has Ax hands, flush draws, some weak gutshots and even 6x hands. He can ofcourse also slowplay strong hands like sets or two pairs however more unlikely he has those considering he limp/called preflop.

From that range you beat gutshots and flush draws but lose to the rest. The question is whether you can make him fold on the turn cause he seems like a fish who open limped preflop (most of the times you can't make fish fold).

Think what kind of turns you can bet on again. Turns that improve your equity, so its a :diamond: or a K or a Q. Any scare cards he'll fold? Don't know but against these fish its better to bet for value or atleast when you have some equity rather than bluffing them.

Turn: You improve some equity and hit a draw. He donk bets into you but not too big. He's giving you 3.5:1 and you need 4:1 which is decent. You can call. Raising might not make a lot of sense for the reasons mbml pointed out.

Plan should be to check or fold river if you don't hit your flush. Even if you hit a K or Q pair don't bet. What might happens many times is that river is a random card like T :club: and he checks and you'll think he doesn't have an Ace cause you already made that conclusion and you'll end up betting the river and he'll snap call you. Simple plan, hit your flush, bet else just check behind and take a free showdown. I know you too well to know you'll pull of a bluff there ;) .

River: Easy play, you hit your flush, he checks and you bet for value, he calls you off. What would you do if he checks, you bet and he raises all in?