$23.72
      MP2:
      $30.74
      MP3:
      $23.33
      CO:
      $25.90

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      3 folds, BU calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.10, BB calls $0.85, BU calls $0.85.

Flop: ($3.3) 6, 9, J (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($3.3) 4 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.75, BU folds, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.3.

BB 11 hands vpip45 pfr36 af2
      BU 34 hands vpip64 pfr18 af1,3 wtsd56

its multiway and J and 9 are connected but rainbow,should I CB?
  • 6 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey daisuke3823,

3 way I would not cbet here. The board is drawier than it looks. Any 2 connected cards between 6 and K either have a pair or some type of straight draw. Your hand is not strong enough to go for value - also you have the issue of needing to play the turn OOP when called - which makes life difficult even if you do get called by a worse hand on flop.

Cbetting does have its advantages and is not out of the question. You'd fold out smaller PP's maybe, and protect your equity against random hands. You also have 6 outs that may be good.

My preferred line is to check here.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey daisuke3823,

3 way I would not cbet here. The board is drawier than it looks. Any 2 connected cards between 6 and K either have a pair or some type of straight draw. Your hand is not strong enough to go for value - also you have the issue of needing to play the turn OOP when called - which makes life difficult even if you do get called by a worse hand on flop.

Cbetting does have its advantages and is not out of the question. You'd fold out smaller PP's maybe, and protect your equity against random hands. You also have 6 outs that may be good.

My preferred line is to check here.
      if its head-up,can I CB?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by daisuke3823
      if its head-up,can I CB?
      Basically it's a lot closer to a cbet HU. There is not necessarily a "correct" option in some of these spots and it depends on style.

Your hand is a little weak to extract value so you are essentially semi-bluffing with a 6-out draw. The problem with AK is that you are lot less likely to fold out better hands, and you have enough showdown value to use the hand as a bluffcatcher.

I'd usually still check HU, but be inclined to cbet weaker hands. These weaker hands are much more likely to fold out better hands and a lot less useful as bluffcatchers. Cbetting is a legitimate option though and it will depend on opponent to an extent.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Originally posted by daisuke3823
      if its head-up,can I CB?
      Basically it's a lot closer to a cbet HU. There is not necessarily a "correct" option in some of these spots and it depends on style.

Your hand is a little weak to extract value so you are essentially semi-bluffing with a 6-out draw. The problem with AK is that you are lot less likely to fold out better hands, and you have enough showdown value to use the hand as a bluffcatcher.

I'd usually still check HU, but be inclined to cbet weaker hands. These weaker hands are much more likely to fold out better hands and a lot less useful as bluffcatchers. Cbetting is a legitimate option though and it will depend on opponent to an extent.

if I check and if he bets,its fold?
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      if I check and if he bets,its fold?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Yes your hand is not strong enough to c/c. Check/fold should be the best play in most instances. If you had something like backdoor flush draw too, like AK/AQ or hearts/clubs/diamonds, then you can consider the option of cbetting in a HU pot cos you can barrel.