This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] KJ rivered trips

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      i kinda took a weird line here, i rarely call KJ oop, especially from SB here, but BB was a HUGE nit who folds just about everyhitng and villain was a fish (not much stats, but very bad) so i think i can play it profitably vs him, even oop

thought about just donking flop, but i decided to c/c, c/c and since his bet on the river doesnt really look like a flush i went for some thin value vs underpairs/worse Jx here.... hence i just c/raised small

or should i just jam the river? since with his like only hand that beats me is nothing.... well, ok, AJ.. and im pretty sure he wouldnt fold a JQ/JT here almost ever
      too thin to c/jam?

iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $29.24
      UTG: $21.76
      MP: $20.00
      CO: $10.20
      BTN: $8.66
      Hero (SB): $51.79

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.30) Hero has K:spade: J:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.40, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold

Flop: ($1.00, 2 players) 5:spade: J:club: 3:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.20, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00

River: ($4.20, 2 players) J:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.00, Hero raises to $2.80, CO calls $1.80

CO shows A:club: J:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 74%, Flop 83%, Turn 93%)
      Hero mucks K:spade: J:heart: (Three of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 26%, Flop 17%, Turn 7%)
      CO wins $9.31
  • 2 replies
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      You shouldnt post the results.
      Against that sizing I might even raise the turn for thin value against worse Jx and a bunch of draws that are out there.

Also make a note how he played his hand.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Calling is fine, you could also 3bet in the SB just to ensure that you don't get squeezed or get into a 3way situation which is super terrible for your hand.

River: Jamming is too thin. I think when he bets so small, he rarely has a FH or flush. Question is whether we can make a thin raise here. AJ is probably a raise, KJ is very close, and I would call worse JX.

I think you should make it slightly larger though, like 3.50 or 4, to make it look bluffier. Such a small size seems like value to me.

Thanks.