[NL20-NL50] KJ rivered trips

• zumpar
      i kinda took a weird line here, i rarely call KJ oop, especially from SB here, but BB was a HUGE nit who folds just about everyhitng and villain was a fish (not much stats, but very bad) so i think i can play it profitably vs him, even oop

thought about just donking flop, but i decided to c/c, c/c and since his bet on the river doesnt really look like a flush i went for some thin value vs underpairs/worse Jx here.... hence i just c/raised small

or should i just jam the river? since with his like only hand that beats me is nothing.... well, ok, AJ.. and im pretty sure he wouldnt fold a JQ/JT here almost ever
      too thin to c/jam?

iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $29.24
      UTG: $21.76
      MP: $20.00
      CO: $10.20
      BTN: $8.66
      Hero (SB): $51.79

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.30) Hero has K:spade: J:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.40, fold, Hero calls $0.30, fold

Flop: ($1.00, 2 players) 5:spade: J:club: 3:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.20, 2 players) 6:club:
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00

River: ($4.20, 2 players) J:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.00, Hero raises to $2.80, CO calls $1.80

CO shows A:club: J:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 74%, Flop 83%, Turn 93%)
      Hero mucks K:spade: J:heart: (Three of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 26%, Flop 17%, Turn 7%)
      CO wins $9.31
  • 2 replies
    • jachis
      You shouldnt post the results.
      Against that sizing I might even raise the turn for thin value against worse Jx and a bunch of draws that are out there.

Also make a note how he played his hand.
    • mbml

Preflop: Calling is fine, you could also 3bet in the SB just to ensure that you don't get squeezed or get into a 3way situation which is super terrible for your hand.

River: Jamming is too thin. I think when he bets so small, he rarely has a FH or flush. Question is whether we can make a thin raise here. AJ is probably a raise, KJ is very close, and I would call worse JX.

I think you should make it slightly larger though, like 3.50 or 4, to make it look bluffier. Such a small size seems like value to me.